• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dark Room DR120 has scratches on one side

So I got my new Secret Jardin Dark Room DR120 set up today with my new Sunleaves Pioneer VIII.  At first I was all excited as I could not believe how bright this light was inside the grow tent, and I was satisfied with how little light gets out.  But when it got dark out, I was disappointed to see that one side of the grow tent had about 25 - 30 small scratches on it that were letting a little bit of light out.  They weren't full blown tears, but they were definitely letting light out.  They were all very linear, with about 75% of them going in one direction and the other 25% in another direction.  Has anyone else had this problem or heard of someone having this problem?  Part of me wants to just deal with it, but I'm leaning towards bringing it back to exchange for another, as I don't want these scratches to eventually turn into full blow tears. 

I've not had this problem, but it depends on how much you paid for it, if it was me and I paid a lot for it I would take it back, but if it didn't cost to much I would just tape it up with duct tape. 

I know it's a hassle once you get it set up to take back down. But I would ask my customers to always bring it back to me. If it's a stocked item there is no reason not to just swap it out. The shop should be able to send it in for a credit or replacement toward their inventory. if it's a non-stock item and you have a little patients the shop can go through the process of getting a new one for you. But that's just me maybe. Secret Jarden makes nice tents and I rarely have any issues with damaged units. If it was an internet purchase.... well good luck. that's not always an easy one to work out.

DLL
Urban Garden
Farmers Branch, Tx.

I know it's a hassle once you get it set up to take back down. But I would ask my customers to always bring it back to me. If it's a stocked item there is no reason not to just swap it out. The shop should be able to send it in for a credit or replacement toward their inventory. if it's a non-stock item and you have a little patients the shop can go through the process of getting a new one for you. But that's just me maybe. Secret Jarden makes nice tents and I rarely have any issues with damaged units. If it was an internet purchase.... well good luck. that's not always an easy one to work out.

DLL
Urban Garden
Farmers Branch, Tx.

Thanks for the advice, I did end up taking it back down and swapping it out for another one. No issues with the store swapping it out and the replacement didnt have the scratches in it. It was a PIA taking it down, returning, setting up the new one etc. but it was worth it.

Awesome!!! I'm glad things worked out well. It is a total beating taking them up and down for sure! I try to focus my OCD on other areas of the store for as long as I can before I change up displays. If you ever need impartial product reviews I'll be happy to share what I know.

Keep It Super Hot,

DLL

Back