• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DaSauce 2018

Just getting started. Have just a couple sprouted sofar and waited to see if the others come up before moving on

Trying these for sure from seeds
Miraflores Market rocoto (yellow?)...2 up out of the 8 sofar..TGCM seeds
Peruvian Red rocoto..TGCM seeds
Peruvian Red mini rocoto..TGCM seeds
P. Dreadie SB....cant wait to get these going. Probably grow more and cut back on other habs depending on germination rate...TGCM seeds

Aleppo...replacing my gochu with these just because i cant grow enough gochu for the massive amounts of powder needed for kimchi. I can buy the gochugaru but not good Aleppo powder locally......Ed's seeds

Sandia Select....Didnt get many pods last year but what i got were really large. Using the seeds from those pods....Original seeds from Midwestchilhead.

Changing up my Ajis a little to a couple varieties i never tried before.
Aji Limo Rojo...TGCM seeds
Aji Arnaucho...TGCM seeds
Aji Panca....CCN seedlings

A few "seasoning peppers". Seedlings from CCN....Probably:
Trinidad Perfume
Aji Dulce 1

Brazilian StarFish
Jamacian Gold (annuum)
Szechwan

Jalapenos:
Mucho Nacho...gunna try some from my seeds and another Bonnie seedling...REALLY loved this variety
Chichimeca...seeds from last years pods....REALLY loved this variety
Farmers Market....always wanted to try these for kicks...TGCM seeds

Still searching for:
Big Jim Heritage....Prefer seedlings
Biker Billy...Prefer seedlings...CCN is not offering them this year.
Hot bell..ANTEP ACI DOLMA

Im actually thrilled since i was only hoping for 1 MOA red. Im more concerned the MOA reds look a lot more dimpled than others ive seen grown from his seeds. Shape looks pretty close but the skin is not smooth. My MOA yellow last year were slightly similar but they matched the pic from CCN so i wasnt concerned. I had some smooth and some kinda "spikey". The flavor was excellent too.

Welp, got pods and flowers on pretty much all of them now except the 2 Anaheims. We had several cooler days and a bit more rain than i would have liked. Growth was rather noticeable as well. The Aji Panca only has one pod but looking good now. The best Aji Arnaucho is only about 18" tall but it must have 30 pods on it and probably as many flowers. VERY cool little plant from TGCM seeds. One of the Fresnos i started later has around 12 nice pods on it. Damn things are pretty hot too.

My Trinidad Perfume pods look correct and so does the Aji Dulce. They are all really small but the shape is really obvious. It was rather critical those plants are correct and productive. I needed nearly no heat chinenses badly. Aji panca i can get dried or as a paste but i really wanted fresh.

Ive got 1 Aleppo that is well on its way to ripe and at least 2 more starting. I didnt look them over real well. Ate my first Biker Billy today also. YEP, its hot but i sure wish they were larger. My other jalas are growing much faster. Farmers Market seem slow to produce too and leggy. I had to put a cage around both. Lost a couple branches on my best one along with a few pods from a storm. They are crazy fuzzy too. More so than my rocotos.

Sofar im still liking Mucho Nacho and Chichimeca jalapenoes the best. They grow fast and produce fast/early. The Fresno are really kicking ass though. More pods but the flavor isnt as good green. Love them ripe though.

I cant get over the difference between last years MOA yellows from CCN and this years MOA reds from MWCH. The number of pods just blows my mind. Both are great but the best one has more pods than ive ever grown on a pepper plant. Flower and bud loss has been very minimal as far as i can tell. Tried to count the peppers on the mystery "Naga" also and quit at 26. The ghost is loaded with about as many but the pods are way smaller.

Late start Atep Aci Dolma ready for the raised bed but i might go with a Walmart bag.
OoWnTtW.jpg

CCN Aji Dulce #1
RnTYT80.jpg

j33UivJ.jpg

BloomIQ ghost looks like the pods got too much sun. Not sure how normal this is. Color is sort of purple.
1TWpkdn.jpg

Total freak MWCH MOA reds....number of pods is just nuts for 2 plants
KCKGcy0.jpg

VUUKFOc.jpg

q3sGPqP.jpg

HizL2vq.jpg

Eds Aleppo pods are just the most beautiful shade of red. I have a couple more turning too
5P24P9x.jpg

1Qd3MKd.jpg

I love these TGCM Aji Arnauchos. So many colorful pods on a 18" plant
RfwpsBT.jpg

Fresno out the wazzu. All but 2 late starts are loading up like this
SjDrTcM.jpg

CCN Trinidad Perfume
xGFzJmj.jpg

CCN Sichuan
SzYvMg6.jpg

CCN Aji Panca
XJLa7RT.jpg

PepperLover Bell of Lebanon
7Cy96vd.jpg

EoFZYY5.jpg

PepperLover Bell of Gollu
blzXSh7.jpg

Volunteer West Indian Burr Gherkin from last years Baker Creek cukes. That is 1 vine i transplanted a bit over a week ago.
a26olTg.jpg

2 late start Frenso in the back and the middle is a Tursusu Biber...Turkish pickling pepper
HxTUCw9.jpg

Annum patch with some catnip...Mostly jalapenos plus a couple Fresno and Anaheims.
Uyvs2Cd.jpg

And last but far from least the MWCH mystery pepper. If these are Nagas i have no idea what im gunna do with all these super hot pods.
lmH89ZK.jpg

Jubnat said:
Seems like you've got some kind of superhot cross with that MOA red. Thing looks killer! Looks like a Scotch Brain

Thats what they look like to me too. Im ok with that if the bonnet flavor is there.

This Bell of Lebanon from pepperlover is goofy. They start facing up and cluster like mad. Both plants are doing this. Both are in containers and producing very well.
qYfg25e.jpg

Another one from pepperlover. Bell of Gollu is also good producers in a fabric pot.
7WZ0Tid.jpg

Well my mystery plant is a red. When it first started turning it was a very dark red.
eiGPRSO.jpg

9uRC1rd.jpg

The MWCH MOA reds are cranking still and...
jz8v579.jpg

They are reds
fWoqw2r.jpg

The Dreadies woke up
6JjXVXF.jpg

lbYqmNX.jpg

cpZIRM7.jpg

Pretty happy with the CCN Trinidad Perfume. It started producing later but there is gunna be a buttload of them.
ZKWubdW.jpg

The Aji Arnaucho made it to the next years grow list. Love the production and they aint half bad green/purple on nachos. Very pleasant milder chinense.
nQcLZ6d.jpg

CCN Aji Panca looks correct...i think
ICkV5hG.jpg

Sofar im simply not as impressed with Biker Billy. The peppers taste good but they plants are nowhere near as productive as Mucho Nacho and Chichimeca.

Chichimeca
ZeMwziO.jpg

Mucho Nacho
y9H0ViX.jpg

CCN Sichuan has a really nice kick and flavor. Production aint half bad either.
JA0jmE9.jpg

KrJKIbl.jpg

CCN Jamaican Gold....Still undecided about this one but production is excellent. They are fairly hot though.
t3ZlSZY.jpg

More of Ed's Aleppos are turning. Picked a few already and there are about 3 more close to ready.
FYB7WAG.jpg

Aleppos on a steek.
gXP2Uhv.jpg

Soon i will get to taste my first Brazilian Starfish. :D
UPAS4Fb.jpg

FINALLY, out of all my plants i probably wanted these more than any others.

Antep Aci Dolma!!!! and they are loading up nicely
W1XZMdG.jpg

ixnrASu.jpg

Picked a few ripe ones today off the "mystery plant.
CleSsgx.jpg

AaW69Au.jpg

Another MWCH MOA is turning
CAzO6aJ.jpg

First Ghost from BloomIQ
yJDT1A7.jpg

Round 2 of Ed's Aleppos and its about 10 times more than the first round
u3fcXMQ.jpg

yXPMPYV.jpg

Got a few Farmers Market corking up
YgWupLZ.jpg

LfpBuMW.jpg

Dreadies went into overdrive
LADyHCk.jpg

a38yNeH.jpg

0TM1ysq.jpg

ZUdYHd0.jpg

LvhIT44.jpg

These MOA red bonnets seem really hot for bonnets and ive got lots turning on 2 plants. The 2 i cut open looked like it had a fair amount of oil in them.
HyRWxA0.jpg

5265g5h.jpg

tLpVHuL.jpg

Jamaican Gold. Pheno is all wrong but they are hot.
RYyH6I9.jpg

fNqe3JT.jpg

These Aji Arnaucho are just stunning. Pics dont do them justice. The multiple color changes are killer.
LFdfs21.jpg

xyRfcMl.jpg

How is this for fuzzy...Farmers Market jalapeno.
ZLCJgxW.jpg

Jc9CV45.jpg

Lyjpp5S.jpg

This Fresno is a monster and its one of the last i started.
GC4rLOl.jpg

Big Jim is starting to get some size to them....at was another later start
jgrPCy1.jpg

Dreadies on the lower patio have a better shape than the ones on the deck.
3YOhITh.jpg

JyOCLZY.jpg

Another mystery pepper but these are from pepperlover. When green i didnt detect much heat but they have a nice flavor.
xwN15IM.jpg

2nd wave of Ed's Aleppos is in full swing. All 4 plants are loading up like this. Much more than the first wave.
QRiGxqg.jpg

JnLAPkh.jpg

Another ghost is getting close
XiVGCE8.jpg

4TFhBzI.jpg

I picked 4 off the "mystery" plant today and more are on the way....I must grow this one again next year. Kinda doubt its a naga just because they dont seem hot enough to me. Flavor though is very nice.
PhZDRQ2.jpg

Chilidude said:
Could your mystery chili be the king naga, they say it makes larger pods than the regular Naga morich.

This is my first year growing ghost or naga so my knowledge is very limited on the subject. I would say no. The pods are about the right size for a naga morich and the shape appears correct. Im just not getting the amount of heat they are supposed to have. Granted early season peppers can be milder but them ghosts are damn hot. The MOAs are also. They are too hot for me to eat fresh but i have a hard time believing they anywhere near the normal heat range for a naga.

Ive picked a bunch off this sucker sofar.
HjElsPU.jpg

Could be devil's tongues?  I grew some once, they loooked just like those,  and they were about halfway between a hab and a bhut in heat level. 

Pods out the ass....i can say ass right? :D

Mystery plant
w3GZVn5.jpg

cAtbhBf.jpg

BloomIQ ghost...not gunna bother saving seeds since they are $2 a plant at the farmers market
5kRxOTs.jpg

MWCH MOA Reds are starting to produce more with a more bonnet shape. Production is still stellar.
1ZG9DQS.jpg

niFNWm1.jpg

I adore the Fresnos i grew from store bought pods. They ripen way faster than jalapenos and are a bit hotter. Production is fantastic too.
fSrhN6w.jpg

CCN Sichuan are turning. Camera didnt capture how red they are.
oWQbMYL.jpg

CCN Aji Panca pods are massive for a chinense. All are still a very dark green
RGUHk6Z.jpg

I wish the Farmers Market produced better. Its not terrible but not even close to my other jalas. Pods are fairly large and super tasty grilled.
ULJ5w0Y.jpg

CCN Trinidad Perfume are noticeably better if left on the plant longer after ripe.
964ZAXN.jpg

More Aleppos on a steek. :D
ve6l6Bu.jpg

Tekne Dolmasi....that dark area doesnt appear to be end rot. Its very firm. First pods are more "plump" and the younger pods have the more correct longer shape.
yzW0OIA.jpg

Patio group shot.
GStXMQ3.jpg

Back