Dash from NM

Dash said:

You made it out, very nice! Green is great (and Christmas is too), but I definitely get the red on a few specific dishes - El Modelo tamales, Padilla's rellenos, most beef enchiladas. It's hard to beat green chile chicken blue corn enchiladas though. Thanks for the welcome!
Yeah, I made it out, but I still go visit some family there every year or so. There is a New Mexican food subtopic on the forum. You should contribute some dishes if you ever get some time. Do me a favor, and hit Taquería México downtown for a chile relleno burrito, a bowl of menudo, and a torta de barbacoa for me. I could live vicariously through your enjoyment of the food. I miss that little taquería so much.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
Yeah, I made it out, but I still go visit some family there every year or so. There is a New Mexican food subtopic on the forum. You should contribute some dishes if you ever get some time. Do me a favor, and hit Taquería México downtown for a chile relleno burrito, a bowl of menudo, and a torta de barbacoa for me. I could live vicariously through your enjoyment of the food. I miss that little taquería so much.

Oh man, I try to hit up Taqueria Mexico every other month. I work at UNM, so it's just down the street (the Lomas location, anyway). Their rellenos burritos are great. I'll hve to get the menudo and torta barbacoa next time. I'll post pics haha.

I noticed in the NM Food thread that you mentioned living in Las Cruces... any chance you ever hit up Chope's? The drive is almost as good as the 40s, which are almost as good as the food.

Dash said:

Oh man, I try to hit up Taqueria Mexico every other month. I work at UNM, so it's just down the street (the Lomas location, anyway). Their rellenos burritos are great. I'll hve to get the menudo and torta barbacoa next time. I'll post pics haha.

I noticed in the NM Food thread that you mentioned living in Las Cruces... any chance you ever hit up Chope's? The drive is almost as good as the 40s, which are almost as good as the food.

Of course man, I usually hit Chopes on my way in from the El Paso airport to Las Cruces.

The red platter with gorditas is my go to at Chopes. Even though I usually go green, Chopes is a mandatory red.

I'm a UNM alumni...Go Lobos!

That's why I lived in Bernalillo County.

Back