• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Datil Mustard

Ok so it isn't fancy. I took a 12 oz bottle of cheap yellow Walmart mustard, and a table spoon of Datil Vinegar, and 6 pickled Datils, and spun it up in my Ninja pod till smooth. It had a nice little bite- it could have used more Datils.

A few friends, who like some of the peppers I have grown, and I get together for trivia at the local Dicks Wings on Thursdays. Dicks actually charges for hot sauce. So we take our own. I took the Datil Mustard tonight and we all used it. It was nice. Next time I am going to add a few other things like garlic, maybe some cumin... and a few more Datils than this time.

Sorry no pictures this time. maybe the next one.

Nothing quite like taking the common condiments and jazzin' 'em up a bit to make 'em your own.

dvg

I been meaning wanted to make Datil mustard from scratch with mustard seed and powder, vinegar and Datil - interesting pepper and makes a great relish.

Yeah I was next door to Penzies this afternoon and forgot to go in and get a lb of brown and yellow mustard seed. Really ticks me off that I forgot cause I had made my circular route just for that purpose, and stopped at the Woodcraft a few stores down then forgot when I left it to wall down the strip to get the mustard seed.

Maybe if I drive back into town tomorrow.

Back