• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Datil Sirracha

so now that im about to have a bumper crop of Datils, i want to make a Datil Sirracha.

anybody every try to make sirracha? i could use a recipe if anyone has one

I'll be following this thread to see how you make out. I too have Datil plants heavy with pods right now and am looking for some "culinary inspiration"! Keep us posted.

Thanks 2fish. Love those muttons! What's that in your pic? Mosquito Lagoon redfish?

its a black drum i tricked into eating a plastic shrimp last spring, in the IRL outside of Moores creek. there was a school of about 1000 fish that day. we caught em all day :)

not to derail my own thread, but...

IM000232.jpg

ok.. first try at datil sirracha..

10 datils
5 cloves garlic
1 lemon juiced
1 tbsp pure cane sugar simple sugar
1 tsp crushed sea salt
1/3 cup white vinigar
1/2 white onion

sauteed all veggies until soft, adding the datils last. then added all liquid, and kept just at about 200 deg for 10 mins.
then i put it in my vita mix and blended it till smooth.

so far so good.. ill tweak it some more and re post if it gets better.

over all this one is real good. managed to kill pint of it already with out even trying..

At first tastes are always good but give it a week for everything to melds nicely then try it and be ready for the real flavor explosion!

Nice Fish, last time I was out, and it's been a few years, we were pulling in Kings off Cannaveral just running between the bouys. Must have pulled in 5 or 6 and headed in after an hour.

Back