• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Datils - Do they point up, or down??

I have a few datil plants going and of those that have started to fruit, they are pointing straight up rather than hanging down. And they have a rather large non-chinensis looking calyx too. :mope:Is this just a "funky first pods" syndrom? All the other flowers point down and have the normal 5-petal configuration, with multiple flowers per node. 

I'd just be very well peeved if they turned out not to be datils.... too much drama with my grow this year... I don't want to have to deal with any more funk anymore.

SavinaRed said:
yes I had bad luck with mine and I bought my seeds from the source in Florida, go figure. I will try again next season. 
I got mine flown in from Florida too. I had thought that the plant's growth pattern was suspiciously Annuum like, but I had given it the benefit of the doubt.

Anyhoo, at least I have some hawks claw that I had collected seeds personally, and my experimental plants. :confused:

Mine grow down. But I don't think mine are completely true either as they ripen to red, not orange. Awesome flavor and decent heat level though. Very productive plants

was super psyched to try Datils as I heard all the tales of their amazing flavor.  Was really disappointed, tasted like an orange hab crossed with an aji lemon to me. 

Shorerider said:
It depends how old they are!!    :rofl:
LMAO...

Well, my "Datils" have been relocated and their prime estate is now occupied by a Jays Peach and 2 Dorset Nagas. Fingers crossed they give me something this season... And hopefully my Experimentals will gice me some surprises too.

Feeling very peeved... :mope:

Back