• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

De-spicing my mortar and pestle

heated not boiling white  vinegar , ( pickling if you have it)  works wonders in a  stone mortar and pestle to wash away  cap oils.     Just fill it and let it soak if it is really bad. 

Alternately you could just keep licking it until  it doesn't taste hot any more  , then wash it like normal..  :P

My wife just found out why I told her to keep the one board I was processing peppers on separate for just that purpose.

She was slicing up some ham for a sandwich  for my lunch on said board and took a small piece to snack on,  two seconds later she was cursing at me  wondering what was hot. 

At which point I informed her that I had told her to keep that cutting board separate, surprisingly she didn't seem pleased with that information.  :think:  :think:  :think:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Hehe, I've had the same kind of problem recently. I tried to char some Madame Jeanettes to see if I could give a little more depth to the taste of the powder. I used a pan and left it on the stove to wash later. Few hours after that I was out of the house, and my GF decided to warm up some leftovers for her and her sister. In that pan. Needless to say, their mouths were on fire. They didn't understand where the heat was coming from at all. Pretty funny stuff.

Many many storoies along this line.....including the one where I made some breakfast sausage gravy using the rubber spatula that had been previously used on a Jonah 7 pot/Moruga  superhot sauce......  didn't take long to figure out why the sausage had that extra little sizzle in it......  :banghead:  

Good thing most people have a great sense of humor regarding such things~~~ :lol:

I'm curious.

Those of you who suggested using rice to remove the pepper oils, how does this rice taste afterwards?

It sounds like a killer way to put some real zing into your white rice.

Back