• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Deer dogs

Start with some Chedder stuffed Venison dogs.

Grill 'em up 'till the cheese starts oozing.

Dress 'em with fresh sliced onion, Carribean Red, and Hot pickled garlic. Add some potato salad, macaroni salad, and a hot garlic pickle to the side.

Oh, so good...........

Okay Al. Where is my deer dog. I'm waiting :dance: And where did you score those dogs?

Yours are safe and sound in my freezer. ;)

The deer dogs come from my cousin in NY. He has them made. My cousins hunt deer all season and usually tag out early with big bucks. Then they know plenty of corn farmers with nuisance permits so they can hunt pretty much all year long.

This is a 220 lb. @ leader a couple weeks ago.
Ahi.jpg

I love deer dogs, but I have to load them down with bacon grease because they are just too damn lean. Fortunately, it makes them taste like super delicious.

So thanks to Newtune( for the dogs) and Wayright I had the best Deer Dog ever. :dance: Even though my ass says differently :( . I made it simple but hot and tasty. Started with the deer dogs and 1 red bhut compliments of Wayright( hottest pepper I have ever touched and or ate).

photo-124.jpg

Then I cooked them on the grill in olive oil, tons of garlic, and some fresh dill from the garden. :beer:

photo-125.jpg

And the dog that kicked my bhut!

photo-126.jpg

Here is a better pic of the bhut that kicked my butt!

100_2289.jpg

It was the best damn dog I ever had :lol:

Back