• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

DEFCON 0

Okay, Mr. DEFCON Creator.

I decided, after your post, to give it a shot. In return, it gave me a shot 😉 . This sauce is definitely hot, and definitely an extract sauce. There is no mistaking the taste of extract in this sauce, although it is toned down a bit. There is much more extract flavor in this than in DEFCON 1, probably because there is more extract in it :shock: .

That being said, as I said on another review, that does not make it a bad tasting sauce. This one reminds me of Toxic Waste, and is probably within 50K S.H.U. of it. In other words IT'S HOT. As a chilehead, this does not bother me. I will finish this sauce, and will probably order some more.

I'm assuming, John, that like your other sauces, this was one is intended for wings, so it is to that purpose that I will use the rest of the bottle.

Folks, this is the real deal. Give it a try....if you dare...and I believe most in here do.

Thanks Staff,
The ZERO is in a class by itself. The little bottle you got was made with good 'ol 'white lightning' during one of the distillation processes, which gives it a distinct taste from other extracts. The taste is very subtle, and since we don't use ANY chemicals in our processes, that evil man-made taste shouldn't be present. I wouldn't really use it on wings, but be my guest. A few people up here use a few drops in their chili or BBQ sauce because the taste of the ZERO doesn't affect the taste of whatever they are adding to it.

Thanks again for the review.

DEFCON Creator said:
Thanks Staff,
The ZERO is in a class by itself. The little bottle you got was made with good 'ol 'white lightning' during one of the distillation processes, which gives it a distinct taste from other extracts. The taste is very subtle, and since we don't use ANY chemicals in our processes, that evil man-made taste shouldn't be present. I wouldn't really use it on wings, but be my guest. A few people up here use a few drops in their chili or BBQ sauce because the taste of the ZERO doesn't affect the taste of whatever they are adding to it.

Thanks for entrusting me as a taster. It was an interesting experience. Regarding the flavor of extract, yours is milder than most. I don't really think of the extract taste as a chemical taste. To me, if you were to take a heat level...say, 1000 degrees....and assign a flavor that best connotes that heat level, the flavor that extract imparts would be that taste. It is the taste of heat.

While I have not tried that many extract sauces (maybe about 20) I've tried enough to recognize the flavor of extract. As I said in my review, you have discovered a way to tone the flavor down a bit....something only one other extract sauce that I have tasted has managed to do. Kudos to you. You do a wonderful job.

Thanks Josh, we aim to please. I have tasted numerous 'extract' concoctions, and have found that most have a subtle but distinct chemical taste. I guarantee this is from the use of ketones as was previously discussed.

DEFCON Creator said:
Thanks Josh, we aim to please. I have tasted numerous 'extract' concoctions, and have found that most have a subtle but distinct chemical taste. I guarantee this is from the use of ketones as was previously discussed.

I can't wait to see my package... I'm dying to try them.

Be afraid Tina The Defcon 0 is no toy as we found out here at Kato's. We tried it as suggested in BBQ sauce on some ribs whew burnt everyone of us. It definetly heated up the BBQ sauce had a great flavor when mixed with the sauce. So a few of us foolishly tried it straight on little sample spooons bad idea I got the uncontralable hiccups and everyone got a good laugh.

Mick
Kato's

Tina Brooks said:
DEFCON Creator said:
Tina,
I can hear your tastebuds rattling in abject fear. :shock:

I eat hurricane mash... you don't scare me. :hotsauce:

It's a matter of degrees, Tina.....thousands of them.

I love Hurrican Mash. It has great warmth. I would place it at or near the top of the heap, scovillely speaking, of non-extract sauces. DEFCON 0 is much hotter. But then, it was meant to be.

Needless to say, though, I will run out of Hurricane Mash much quicker than I will run out of "0".

Have no fear, though. If you like and regularly eat Hurricane Mash, you'll be fine. I wouldn't recommend it for people for whom your sauce is too hot, though. Talk about spontaneous combustion.... :twisted:

staffing said:
Tina Brooks said:
DEFCON Creator said:
Tina,
I can hear your tastebuds rattling in abject fear. :shock:

I eat hurricane mash... you don't scare me. :hotsauce:

It's a matter of degrees, Tina.....thousands of them.

I love Hurrican Mash. It has great warmth. I would place it at or near the top of the heap, scovillely speaking, of non-extract sauces. DEFCON 0 is much hotter. But then, it was meant to be.

Needless to say, though, I will run out of Hurricane Mash much quicker than I will run out of "0".

Have no fear, though. If you like and regularly eat Hurricane Mash, you'll be fine. I wouldn't recommend it for people for whom your sauce is too hot, though. Talk about spontaneous combustion.... :twisted:

I now have a hole in my tongue.

I have to disagree with Josh on the taste, though. It's not extracty at all, at least not on my tongue; frankly, it's too hot for my tongue taste anything. On wings??? Which means in quantity??? Josh, you're a sick, sick, sick man!

We had a bit of a giggle here this morning.

We've got a thirteen year old who is one of our best salespeople. We gave her a taste of the Defcon 2, and she said "that's not hot". Then I gave her the Defcon 1: John, it was her first time trying an extract sauce.

She doesn't like you very much anymore...

I gave her her own toothpick to touch to the end of her tongue and she smelled it and threw the toothpick into the trash saying, "I'm not tasting that!" Then I gave her the toothpick on which I had sampled the Defcon 0. Against her better judgement, she tried it. She is visibly in pain, lol. She even used a really bad expletive.

Then she asked me why I gave her that, the Defcon 1 was already the hottest thing she'd ever tasted.

So, Both Defcon 1 and 0 are hotter than hurricane, and unfortunately, my 13 yr old thinks you're a very very bad man.

lol

Thanks for the entertainment. I'll get back to you with the Peppermaster's thoughts later.

I'm thinking of marinating some wings in hurricane mash and then after cooking them, tossing them in Defcon 2.

Sounds yummy

T

Seems I'm making a lot of friends with this concoction. LOL!!!

ANyway, don't marinate the wings at all, no need to. Fry them in 375-385 degree canola oil (canola ONLY!), after 3-4 mintues, take the wings out a stab each of them with a 2-proged bbq fork (major step). Put them back in the oil until crispy. Have some sauce heated (NOT boiling) standing by, just enough to coat, and toss them in it like a salad. You're in for a treat, when the 4 different vinegars do their thing, kind of an olfactory overload. Again, DON'T marinade them first!

DEFCON Creator said:

ANyway, don't marinate the wings at all, no need to. Fry them in 375-385 degree canola oil (canola ONLY!), after 3-4 mintues, take the wings out a stab each of them with a 2-proged bbq fork (major step). Put them back in the oil until crispy. Have some sauce heated (NOT boiling) standing by, just enough to coat, and toss them in it like a salad. You're in for a treat, when the 4 different vinegars do their thing, kind of an olfactory overload. Again, DON'T marinade them first!

Okay, smarty, aside from the fact that the sauce isn't anywhere near hot enough... Why not marinate it???

T

Tina Brooks said:
DEFCON Creator said:

Okay, smarty, aside from the fact that the sauce isn't anywhere near hot enough... Why not marinate it???

T

You can marinate if you want, it's yours. I'm just suggesting if you want the full effect of the sauce, don't. Not to mention the fact that the heat increases when heated.

He's right above you, PM or email him. :)

Tinner,
Are you saying you were having problems contacting me thru the DEFCON website, or thru this forum? Just curious, as we haven't had any problems with the site as of yet.

tinner666 said:
Defcon 0 sounds like a nice sauce. Tried to contact creator at his aite. Couldn't submit though. Frank

DEFCON 0 is not what I would call nice. It is mean. If you ask the Creator, he may hook you up. I'm not certain, but I don't think it is on the market yet....is it? I may be wrong. It will be soon enough, though. It is one hot sauce.

:)

It sort of is. We just haven't put it up on the site yet. Consider it a sneak peek of things to come. As I stated, we are currently working on the NEGATIVE 1 concoction. It should rank at least 3 times the warmth.

Got him through PM. When I tried site, "contact us", I gave info, asked question and clicked submit. Timed out after about 5 to 10 minutes. Used 2 browsers and kept checking it. 5 times, this happened. Frank

Is Negative 1 the same as Defcon o ? Frank : :)

Back