• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Defcon Burgers

What a batch. Did up some homemade burgers this morning, using extra lean ground beef, some with BBQ sauce, some with Defcon 2, and a couple with Defcon 1. Let sit in fridge all day, and then threw on the BBQ. Wow - the wife loved the Defcon 2 patties, and my lips are still tingling from the Defcon 1 pair. I had pretty much limited this sauce to chicken ( wings or breasts ), but this combo is definitely a keeper.

Hot Canuck said:
Thanks - now I'm hungry again...

lol so am I just got back from Ottawa and im building motivation to cook some chops on the bbq..Ive maranated ground beef in verious things in the past(havnt tried defcon yet(rule of thumb for me I maranate for 24 hours)either way a bit of a pain to cook at first but man those patties just melt in your mouth..Better than any resturant Thx for the defcon idea ill do that next..dunno why I didnt think of it lol

Pepperfreak said:
I can't wait to try the Defcon burgers, they sound fantastic!!!

They really did turn out great. Nice quarter pounder ( hmmm, maybe more...), and enough sauce to make them juicy when I was forming them. They cooked up great. I kicked myself afterwards for not grabbing a couple of jalepenos from the garden and throwing them on top...

Hot Canuck said:
They really did turn out great. Nice quarter pounder ( hmmm, maybe more...), and enough sauce to make them juicy when I was forming them. They cooked up great. I kicked myself afterwards for not grabbing a couple of jalepenos from the garden and throwing them on top...

A hab on top would REALLY top it off well!:hell::drooling:

rabbit said:
A hab on top would REALLY top it off well!:hell::drooling:

Definately...Im going to makesome burgers this weekend to christen opening the new bottles of 1 and 3 Ill use some store bought congos on top I still have no fresh ones yet

Back