• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

desserts Defcon Condition Zero Pumpkin Pie

Well, I've mentioned this about a week or two ago (much to the shock of Defcon as I recall) and it's cooking right now.

Got the ingredients last night with room mate friend Dave and now I've mixed the all together. I poured one in one crust and then added what I would equate to a 1/4 tsp of Defcon Condition Zero Batch #3 to it. Mixed will and then did the finger sample......this is going to be good.

Now both of them are cooking together and should be out of the oven in about 10-20 minutes. Then 2 hours to cool and into the refrigerator with them until dinner tomorrow.

IGG..could gratuitous quaffing with alleged roomie been involved with the making of the pie? Happy Thanksgiving Day man..
Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
IGG..could gratuitous quaffing with alleged roomie been involved with the making of the pie? Happy Thanksgiving Day man..
Cheers, TB.
Nope, just my usual insanity resulting in a continued effort to be able to prove that you pepper can go well with anything ;)

Dave tried a little fork dip of the pie before it was completly cooked and I didn't tell him that was the defcon one. He says, "Yep, that's pumpkin pie alright". I continue to look at him.....30 seconds later his eyes get really big and a smile comes accross his face. "Oh. That's good. Really sneeky. You're on to something here."

He described it as a cool burn but says he doesn't think eating a whole piece would be a good idea. Later today, we'll be eating a whole piece, bwaahahaha!

OH. MY. GOODNESS! That was awesome. It was a small warmth but nothing too big. This was in-freakin-credible! I want more!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also found my camera so picture will be posted tomarrow!

Here we go!!!!

defconpiejl8.jpg

Roommate/great friend/teacher Dave Reed wrote this for me to post:

"Jon has come up with several concoctions over the years - and I blame myself, for it was I who introduced him to the peppers. I’ve created a monster! But this pie!

Hot, yet cool. A cool burn that keeps on burning, 10 - 15 minutes. Do the suck - inhale, inhale… .

Normally, I’d not paid much attention to the “so hot you can’t eat it” hot sauces, but this REALLY made the pie! All the (slightly undercooked - sorry Jon) pumpkin pie flavor with some heat! (My dog is beating him up and so he can’t read what I’m writing…). Defcon deserves the highest marks. By itself, Defcon 0 doesn’t have a lot of flavor (since it’s an extract, etc.) but added to Jon’s pie….. WOW!

Jon’s pie - really good. Make him give the recipe. Actually, don’t. It was just the recipe on the can of pumpkin with a small amount of Defcon 0 added. Great.

dr"

Thanks Dave!

I'm glad it turned out well, thanks for the kudos. I told my wife what you were making, and she gave me "that" look. "That" look is the look I get whenever someone explains they used ZERO on something that shouldn't make sense, but usually does in the end.

DEFCON Creator said:
I'm glad it turned out well, thanks for the kudos. I told my wife what you were making, and she gave me "that" look. "That" look is the look I get whenever someone explains they used ZERO on something that shouldn't make sense, but usually does in the end.
LOL, I know that look too. I get it all the time from my friends....."You're doing WHAT with peppers?!?!?!"

imaguitargod said:
LOL, I know that look too. I get it all the time from my friends....."You're doing WHAT with peppers?!?!?!"

Wow... that conjures up so many mental images. :shocked:

Anyway, the "Defkin pie" sounds really good.

DEFCON Creator said:

"that" look = The one of pity for the person, or the one that's thankful you make people sign waviers? >.>

Anywho, that pie looks amazing - bit of a stylistic question, but do you eat it with or without whipped cream? =P

~Trexxen

Trexxen said:
Anywho, that pie looks amazing - bit of a stylistic question, but do you eat it with or without whipped cream? =P

~Trexxen
Bleeech! I hate whipped cream. Tis an evil entity that is close to my hatred of mustard. So, no whipped cream on this sucker.

Back