Deformed Plant Growth

Hello! I just recently made my introduction page on THP, and I'm happy to finally get involved with this community and use this great resource first hand.

One motivation for me making an account on THP was to help with some issues I've had with several varieties of my peppers. At the moment I can't seem to post pictures from my phone but hopefully my analysis should suffice. I've had really strange deformed growth coming from my Choc Bhutlahs, Reapers, and Morugas and the first thing I thought was fert burn, but after more research it looks consistent with mite damage. But while those plants are stunted and almost all leaves damaged, my "Grande" Jalapeños are looking awesome and producing like crazy! Same for my Bells and Fluorescent Purples... So I assume until I post pics this could be hard to diagnose, but if it is mite damage or potentially herbicide drift, why isn't it effecting all of my plants?

Thanks for any help and I'll probably have pics up before the first response.

Are fluorescent purples a Capsicum annuum ? If so, then it would seem that all your C. chinenses are affected, and none of your C. annuums.

Welcome to THP. If you post this thread in the "Growing Hot Peppers" forum you will get many more responses... i'm not sure what ails your plants.

I think that C. chinense needs more trace micronutrients (iron, zinc and/or manganese -- colloquially referred to as 'trace mikes"), and this may be your problem. My C.chinense seedlings show mild symptoms of this as soon as they start growing quickly.
Google some images of plants suffering from iron, from zinc, and from manganese deficiencies.Compare these images to your own plants. If they match, purchase some 'trace mikes' from a hydroponic store or garden center and apply as a foliar spray for fastest results.
Please note: without pictures, i can only guess, and my advice in this context has a strong probability of being wrong.

I've had tomato russet mites. THE WORST.

My annums were the least affected. Maybe due to there thicker leaf?
They did look to have a magnesium deficiency.
Most growers that get the dreaded tomato/hemp russet mites think they have a deficiency of some sort. Your best bet is to pick up a hand microscope 60x - 120x and scope away.
You can use sulfur to treat your plant, but in 90F plus, your plants may defoliate.
A good rule to follow is , never introduce plants or clones. Grow strictly from seed.
Pictures would help as we are limited in help.

Awesome thanks for all of the help, this thread blew up pretty quickly! I'll move this to the grow forum once I can post some pics to accompany my questions. I'm also dropping by a University of Florida Dep of Agriculture location that has a free Plant Clinic (woaw what luck lol) and I'll post their observations in there, as well as any advice to line it up with all of yours. Thanks for the help again, and I'll move the thread shortly.

I think I figured out how to link a pic... Let me try this out.
1455728217.jpg
[/URL]

Yup it works, here's a before and after. Sorry about continuing the thread, just wanted to get the pics in here for who already helped me out. Before and after typing, with all the new growth being pretty beat up.

Back