• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Deformed seedlings?

Hi All,

Any ideas on what's up with the two seedlings in the 1st pic below would be great, they are Indian 7 Pot 10 days old,
I know it looks like something eating them but it's not, that is how they actually sprouted with deformed leaves,
they are in peat pots with commercial seed raising mix and water NO additives etc..
If you look at the second pic it is of a Caribbean 7 Pot, 7 days old grown in the same medium and peat pot.

Is it a diseased batch of seeds or something else???

Indian 7 Pot @ 10 days
id7pot_10days.jpg

Caribbean 7 Pot @ 7 days
car7pot_1wk.jpg

Thanks!

Some of mine did that also. After the first set of true leaves sprouted, they started looking normal again.

I don't know whether to bin them or let them grow?
They just seem to be growing much slower than the other Caribbean 7 Pot!

What is an Indian 7 Pot/Pod? Since 7 Pods come from Trinidad how do you get an Indian 7 Pod? :confused:

They are a Bhut Jolokia/Trinidad 7 Pod hybrid, so I guess the Indian part comes from the Bhut Jolokia!
I got the seeds from an organic chilli supplier in Nth. QLD, he grows hundreds of varieties on many acres.

His seeds are generally good with a high germination rate, but this lot is the exception!

They are a Bhut Jolokia/Trinidad 7 Pod hybrid, so I guess the Indian part comes from the Bhut Jolokia!
I got the seeds from an organic chilli supplier in Nth. QLD, he grows hundreds of varieties on many acres.

His seeds are generally good with a high germination rate, but this lot is the exception!

I see, well that sounds like a nice cross. :cool:

I had a 7 pod primo that all the leaves were deformed on untill about the 4th set of leaves than they were fine out of the blue. Let them go and see what happens.

I noticed that the seedlings that had problems with the cap getting stuck or delayed coming off had deformed leaves for a while a lot of times.

i would not worry to much i have had some of my pants go like that and they all turned out fine

About three of my Thai seedlings were doing that, didn't start looking normal again til about their third or fourth set of true leaves. Now you can't tell them apart from the rest. I'd just wait.

Ok,Ok I will let them live, I'm not a bloody terrorist, jeez anyone would think this is a greenpeace forum. :crazy:

Only joking guys, I just didn't know whether they would grow or not, but seems they will, excellent!

Did you pull the seed caps off. the frist leaves need to full form before you remove have had the samething happen, will be OK let them grow.

Back