• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dehydrated stock growing

I've been drying my peppers courtesy of Ronco (food dehydrator - picked the seeds I'm gonna keep before drying via machine) and they smell so good when dehydrated. I put some in my meal the other night. Wowza that's HOT. :hell:

327065_2332388831240_1295367878_2850598_3677828_o.jpg

I do the same thing and my dehydrator all 7 trays has been going 24/7 for the last week in the garage. It works great, but takes forever!!

I've got a 5 tray German Brand dehydrator; on it's lowest setting the pods retain their color and the seeds taken from the dried pods sprout just fine; 90+% so far (orange & red Habs).

I've got a 5 tray German Brand dehydrator; on it's lowest setting the pods retain their color and the seeds taken from the dried pods sprout just fine; 90+% so far (orange & red Habs).

For all I know the seeds would sprout but I figured since I don't know for sure I'd take out the ones I plan to keep before drying.

The dried ones can fool you at first. Since they don't have any weight to them you start out a little generous with the amount you put in. Only takes a couple of times before you either slow down on your own or the family starts complaining.

Glad to see you're having such a great year worlok. Do you plan on making any powders? It's so convenient to have an old salt shaker full of pepper powder sitting on the table along with salt and pepper. Spice up anything and everything in a seconds.

Back