• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Delayed Stomach Pain

I take a prescription for Acid Reflux, and if not for that my diet would be missing a lot of things other than peppers. That's the kind of pain (esophageal) that I associate with being common with hot peppers, and that's what something like Tums or Mylanta will help with. If it's actually in your gut, that's when you start thinking about ulcers, or heaven forbid duodenum. Point is, like everyone's said: ask a doctor, it could be a myriad of things and speculation will only cause you to worry over something that probably has a simple solution.

so Doc.. is it true im lackng digestive enzymes??? cant eat raw/seared/med well foods or eat some dairy..and certain peppers get me good... should i take lipase??

Hard to say. If you haven't had one, you need an evaluation by a Gastroenterologist. Sounds like an odd array of intolerances to me, but it is generally recommended for docs not to give medical advice in a setting like this (ie., internet forums). Nothing can replace a good history and exam, followed by appropriate testing as indicated. Lipase is an enzyme made by the pancreas. If you had pancreatic insufficiency, taking lipase might help. Lipase breaks down lipids in the diet (fats/oils).

Just kidding about the cubbies, half my family are cubs fans. Might want to go to the doctor to see if u have an ulcer.

Just kidding about the cubbies, half my family are cubs fans. Might want to go to the doctor to see if u have an ulcer.

Actually, I had this happen to me the other day, from an extract. There was a constellation of bad choices that led to it i.e. empty stomach, ibuprofen and illness anyway. Ugh, worst train trip ever. But I have never got it from a chilli itself, just extracts.

Back