• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Dessertsauces

hello, I'm looking for some hot dessertsauces, like the habanero/plum one Neil from the hippy seed co has made a video review of.
do you guys know some good ones which are kind of easy to find? would prefer if they're available in europe.

my top choice would be if they hade blueberry/raspberry/cherry and preferably habanero flavour, with pretty good heat.

I think I found some with chipotle, but I'm not sure that would satisfy my chili needs. :P

Blair's Sweet Heat and Torchbearer's Dessert Sauce are both good, but neither is very hot. Try making your own. I took a cue from AJ and made a plum habanero sauce. For me it may be a bit hot for dessert, but you can play around with the amount of fruit to habs to get the heat you like.

JayT said:
Blair's Sweet Heat and Torchbearer's Dessert Sauce are both good, but neither is very hot. Try making your own. I took a cue from AJ and made a plum habanero sauce. For me it may be a bit hot for dessert, but you can play around with the amount of fruit to habs to get the heat you like.

hi, thanks for the suggestions.
I've never ever made a sauce my self, but it wouldn't be too hard right? though, firstly I'd just like to try some to see if I like it at all before trying to make my own. :)

well, when you are ready there are lots of sauce making threads on here for you to look through for ideas and answers to the inevitable questions. Blair's sauces are pretty easy to find, give that one a shot to see if you like it.

Neils Tropical Jungle Juice is famed to be fantastic on ice cream. I have tried it and can recommend it very highly, i haven't tried it on ice cream though.

I had some stuff called TOAD'S SWEAT once upon a time that was ...interesting. Came in various flavors.

I posted a recipe for Habanero Jam here that's pretty easy to do... search for it if you're interested... but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for.

Novacastrian said:
Neils Tropical Jungle Juice is famed to be fantastic on ice cream. I have tried it and can recommend it very highly, i haven't tried it on ice cream though.

Definately the Tropical Jungle Juice, it's fantastic. Bent did a sauce too but I don't know if that's still a secret.

rainbowberry said:
It was a brilliant sauce Bent. Arn't you still making it?

I still cant find the secret ingredient...its really seasonal on this side of the planet.
I tried a second batch using something else but most people were disappointed because it lost the colour....of course plums are yellow...only the skin is red.
I'll find something eventually & put it out. Or it might be a once per year batch.

bentalphanerd said:
I did an experimental batch a while ago....guess who got to try it out :P

yes that's the sauce I mentioned in the first post. seems really really good. I love plums, and habaneros.

if this ever goes on sale, sign me up for a bottle!

thanks for the suggestions everyone, nothing really "wow, I have to get this" yet. except for the plum one.
the tropical jungle juice seems good, but the heat in it... "mild"? that's not really what I'm looking for.

hmm, would it work adding some really hot sauce to a not so hot dessert sauce? for example getting a tropical jungle juice and adding a teaspoon or five of the lethal ingestion to it?
not sure if that would result in a good taste, but I have no experience at all in saucemaking.

thanks!

The Jungle Juice is mild by THSC's standards, but it's not really THAT mild, it has a pleasant amount of heat to it, I don't need more heat when I eat ice cream! Go for it, it's great! :)

Chiliac said:
The Jungle Juice is mild by THSC's standards, but it's not really THAT mild, it has a pleasant amount of heat to it, I don't need more heat when I eat ice cream! Go for it, it's great! :)

well I find jalapenos pretty mild, and the only ingredient with heat that I can see in there is jalapeno. :(

the ingredient list is very tempting, but the thing that bothers me the most is that the shipping will probably be very expensive.
when I get paid next time I could order some of that NagaSav BBQ sauce too, wanted to try that one for a while. feels a bit more worth it if the shipping is expensive.

The NagaSav is awesome, too. Just PM Neil and ask him for a quote! I agree that ordering several bottles makes postage a little more bearable.

The Jungle Juice is hotter than I expected a Jalapeno sauce to be.

Chiliac said:
The NagaSav is awesome, too. Just PM Neil and ask him for a quote! I agree that ordering several bottles makes postage a little more bearable.

The Jungle Juice is hotter than I expected a Jalapeno sauce to be.
ah yeah, I will do that.
well, I can only try for myself, but not expecting too much heat :P

Back