• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

DF 2018 Veg Grow log

dragonsfire said:
ok, will do a small mix. :)

If you have a EC meter, something like EC between 0,6-0,8 is playing it safe in the beginning. I get that number with 5ml floramicro/5ml floramato mixed in 10 litres of water, so it is wise to start with a very mild fertilizer mix.

dragonsfire said:
nope except those cheap soil two prong moisture meter.

... just gave them a dose of ferts :)

Buy the bluelab truncheon, it may not be the most cheap one out there, but it plain works everytime and cant get any simpler than that. Once you know the EC number, you could save a load of money with the fertilizer costs alone.

dragonsfire said:

Well, like i said..It is not the cheapest, but you will get a meter that will last you many years to come with a proper care and they even give you 5 year warranty for it. That meter is the most popular thing for measuring the EC number for a reason, it is simple and it is accurate. :party:

Infact i ordered my bluelab truncheon in the date of 28.7.2014 and i should have ordered it much sooner than that, that thing made me stop wasting so much expensive nutrients.

Replanted him :) He should be happy.

bqW0woV.jpg

Chilidude said:

Rockwool does not mold easy and even if the rockwool turn kind of green from the fertilizers, it doest seem to do much of anything to the plant normal grow.
Rockwool turns green from being wet and light exposure.

It's harmless to the plant but over watering may be an issue if that's what's helping cause it.

Masher said:
Rockwool turns green from being wet and light exposure.

It's harmless to the plant but over watering may be an issue if that's what's helping cause it.

Good info, so the green stuff is algae, but adding any fertilizer to the rockwool surely causes the algae to grow more rapid. Harmless to the plant like i have found out and in the end the rockwool cube will end up inside the coco medium, so it doest matter much in the end. :cheers:

And if you get couple of these kind of large injectors(100ml injector) from the farmacy:
http://vetoutlet.fi/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x650/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/9/09572_einmalspritze-100-ml-120-ml-3-teilig.jpg
You can inject various kind of fertilizer mix directly to your plants without making a mess and also you can suck any extra fertilizer out with the same thing without lifting the pots from the trays. Others use these large ones to inject christmas ham with salt, but my use is quite different.

Was given half a pumpkin today, the unique thing is the guy hung it so the pumpkin became elongated, looked realy nice, gonna plant a few of those, their regular ones and the flesh is fine not stringy like most nowadays.

dXxmJIT.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Organic Roma Tomatoes I got today, like playing with frog spawn lol

G6ZIcci.jpg

Is that fresh seeds right out of the tomato or were they dried seeds?

I skipped tomato seed this yr, going to pick up some heirloom starts from local nursery this yr.

Keep up the good work, looking really good.

Fresh. The organic greenhouse is now closed to the public, and the "Organic" tomatoes in the store are tasteless, so gonna try and grow a bunch. Their is a youtube  video on growing tomatoes by just slicing them and placing them in a grow tray and then separate them when they start.

Back