• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

scovilles Did I Experience a Cap Cramp Last Night ..?!

Hello Everyone,

I am just writing to see if I experienced a cap cramp last night, or if it could have been something else (very serious).

I am experienced and confident with chillies, however, I tried a new hot reaper sauce - which went down fine. Around an hour later I felt what I can only describe as a volcanic eruption from stomach to throat, which was accompanied with nausea, and the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. The sharp pain was from my abdomen area.

During the 30 minute debacle, I managed to slowly make my way to the bathroom (feeling I needed to vomit). This was when an avalanche of sweat suddenly began spilling out of my body, and I realised I just needed to strip off and lie down, as any kind of further movement was heightening the nausea and pain.

I think the cold floor helped the heat, but the pain was not subsiding, to the point I started to panic as it was absolute agony and relentless, that I couldn't see it leading to anything other than me passing out.

I felt the need to call for an ambulance, but I couldn't move or talk. With slight movements here and there, the pain gradually started to heel - but this was not without a long duration.

I went to lay on my bed to ease it further, and wondered what on Earth had just happened to me. I've never had anything like that before my in my whole life, but it genuinely scared the hell out of me.

Luckily my daughter was at Brownies, otherwise the experience would have scarred her for life.

I've read up on cap cramps since last night but wondered if anyone had experienced anything of this ferocity (and been alright since), just for my own piece of mind. Or whether it seems a bit extreme for a cap cramp, in which case I'll monitor my general health for a while.

Last edited:
Yes happen to me like that before when I ate a super hot on an empty stomach. Felt like I was giving birth to an Alien.

Last edited:
Back