• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Did I nutrient burn my Ghost ?

I started with several Bhuts now i'm down to one and its just started to produce fruit.
They all died the same way... one day they are healthy then I feed them and from there its all down hill.
I dont have a pic as of yet but the whole plant starts to yellow and droop then dry up and die.
I recently fed my last plant and now shes doing the same thing. I mixed 4 gallons of water with a couple table spoons epsom salt and some calcium and some potassium.
I followed the directions on the packages for the amounts...
Normally I let my plants dry between watering... then I soak the pots.
I have since flushed with clean water once a day but it doesnt seem to help and im worried that its staying too wet with all the flushing. I have no idea how to save this one. Please help!

Are these hydro? If not then
Once a day watering is way way to much.
Sounds like you burned them, but then over watering is compounding the problem.

Pics makes it easier to ID the problem. I suggest cut back on the watering. Only water them when the pot is light or if the plants show signs of wilting. Make sure you are feeding them the proper amount and at the right time.

Ok I have it drying out now with a fan and no more water. If its too much nutrients and I dont flush with water how do I get fix the nutrient problem ? Thanks again !

Since you've already flushed with water, all you can do at this point is wait. But also, look at the base of the plant at the soil line - does the stem look healthy there, or does it look mushy or even wrinkly?

The stem looks thick and healthy but when i popped i tout to look at the roots they are overgrown and root bound so I will try and repot this evening after work. The roots also look thin and brown too me dead. but I could be wrong...

you probably should consider some major trimming ... both above and below soil ...

i know its hard to do since its fruiting .... but desperate times need desperate measures ...

i would get rid of everything that looks sick

cheers and best of luck
al

Back