• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting Did some early harvesting

There were a bunch of peppers that where doen for awhile. so I decided to take them off and show alittle of what I got. Just Reapers and Ghosts..

0817141551_zpssd1s3egl.jpg

0813142158_zpsd3cxphys.jpg

0813142202_zpsndoktdmb.jpg

0813141819a_zpsekwdsyil.jpg

0813141819_zpssmqqljek.jpg

0813141820-1_zps3rgt8jgj.jpg

The reaper plant is producing alot of little peppers and when you cut them open they are black inside, whats up with that?  I throw those cause its just kinda gross, but never seen any peppers that are all black inside..  Iv even opened green ones up and they where the same way, thinking the red ones were just to ripe and molding or something..

Iv had the same problem I was told it was from to much water with to much humidity so I cut back on water and put a big fan outside it has semed to fix my problem hadn't had one turn black sence

They look great. I'm picking everything except superhots this year. I will get an early start on them next season for sure.

Tex said:
Iv had the same problem I was told it was from to much water with to much humidity so I cut back on water and put a big fan outside it has semed to fix my problem hadn't had one turn black sence

It cant be from over watering, I water once a week only if they need it. The reaper iv been really extreme with to the point it looks like its dead. If its still wilted and all the leaves are curled at night, then i'll water the next day sometime..  Unless I overwater it when I do water.. I Drench the thing for about 10 min. Making sure the soil gets super soaked. Also using fabric pots on 2 of the 3 plants.  Seems my oldest ghost pepper which is in a 8 gallon plastic pot doesnt mind getting over watered, cause it can go 3 weeks to a month between waterings..  Also none of the ghosts are black inside..  They get more water Id say. if they droop alittle i just water em.

Black rotten seeds without any obvious critter involvement is likely to be internal BER.

Poor and infrequent watering habits are a common cause of BER.

Back