• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

"Did somebody say cigars?!!"

So I have taken up an old hobby again. I have always smoked a cigar on my birthday, and this year was no different, but I have since decided to blow the dust off my beautiful cherry humidor after ten years, and fill it with cigars again. The highlights of the 20 something I bought are a A Fuente, a Monte Cristo Platinum, a Romeo and Julietta, and a bunch of Perdomos. Yesterday, I smoked what was and still is one of my favorites, ACID I think the particular one is called Helix. I didn't take any pics, but I will.

Nothing more relaxing on a nice summer night then a cigar and a cold beer or two. A few buddies and myself usually order from cigar.com. I know they are located in Pennsylvania and their prices are better than the local stores here.

biggest pleasure in the cigar pursuit, lies in finding that sub 5 dollar cigar that you really like.

for me thats:

oliva G's camaroon.

flor de oliva cameroon  in a corona

most of the padron thousands.

fuente short story. (the hemmingway is great but like 7 bucks.

sancho panza double maduro in the corona and the double corona.

sancho panza extra fuerte in any size.( highly recommend)

... i used to smoke alot of gurkas back when they were cheap on cbid... now not so much.

many of gurkas shit was a let down but they always had a few really good cigars.

their double perfecto was amazing... used to be able to get 5 packs for like 30 bucks, but now they are like 12 bucks each.

102_0043.jpg

102_0044.jpg

102_0045.jpg

I'm not a rum guy at all but you better get a bottle of Ron Zacapa and check it out. I like it neat...

I smoke a cigar almost every day so I there's a lot that I pair with them. 

long sticks... just had a converstaion on the front page about long cigars.

whats the dimension on that? 50x7.5? vitola what ever.

queequeg152 said:
wtf... are you wearing weird contacts or something?

you have smeagol/gollum eyes....
Umm... Thanks? When you are running on 2 hours of sleep after 19 hours of travelling with an equally shoddy amount of sleep and have been staring at a slot machine for two hours after walking all over the Las Vegas Strip all day... Ya look a little crazy eyed...

Found an attractive (I love the rustic crate style) used cedar cigar box at the cigar shop at our hotel. Got it cheap and I'm going to turn it into a small humidor. I have all the other supplies at home. It will look nice displayed next to my oak barrels.
IMG_20151019_144903.jpg

IMG_20151019_144821690.jpg

Back