• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Difference bettwen Carolina reaper and Trinidad moruga scorpion

Hello everyone,

I need some help to know what is Carolina Reaper and Trinidad Moruga Scorpion because I forgot to label the vases.

Photo 1

hMlahS.jpg

Photo 2

TLvLPd.jpg

Photo 3

sUJXeK.jpg

Photo 4

zBQGr6.jpg

Photo 5

Rj5Oni.jpg

Photo 6

xE1WDC.jpg

Photo 7

LHjNti.jpg

Photo 8

lbpWk5.jpg

Photo 9

y47bvl.jpg

Please send me some commentary assigning to the foto and name of Pepper.
Thank You, everyone.

I've seen many different phenotypes claimed to be reapers that I can't really tell anymore.
I mean, they're not that different but I guess too many crosses lead us here...

#1 and #2 looks like reaper cross
#3 Moruga (???)
#4 and #5 might be reapers
#7 shape looks like moruga
#8 Ghost reaper?
#9 looks like a reaper but reminds me of a primo as well.

Were your seeds open pollinated or isolated? Because it seems you have a bit of contamination right here.
If they are pure strain, just because I consider the Moruga to be more stable than the reaper, I'd guess what you have are off-pheno reapers.

little_pepper_corner said:
If I isolate the next crop for isolated polarization. Can I Have better results? 
Hard to say. If what you're isolating is in fact a cross, you won't go back to the pure strain.

I plant 10 Carolina reapers and 10 Trinidad morugas Scorpion. All mixed in the same place. I believe some have a cross pollinated.

If I isolate the next crop for isolated polarization. Can I Have better results? 

I think you may be confused. The fact that your plants are all together in one place being cross pollinated with each other by bees will have no effect on the appearance or taste of their fruit. That is a common misconception. The crossed genes are only in the seeds. The rest of the pod reflects only the genes of the mother plant. What people are telling you is that it looks like you may have grown your plants from crossed seeds. So you might not have true reaper and scorpion plants. That is why it is important to get your seeds from a trustworthy source. 

On the bright side, the peppers do have a superhot look to them. So I would expect them to be very hot peppers. Just be aware that they might not all be true reapers and scorpions.

Hi, everyone.

I wanted to thank everyone for helping to take all my doubts.
So, Can anyone tell me a good supplier for seeds Carolina Reaper and Trinidad Moruga Scorpion for best results and good shape pods?

I wanted to thank everyone for helping to take all my doubts

I am from Portugal so I need a supplier, that don't have the restriction to send me the seeds for my country.
try http://www.chileseeds.co.uk/

I'm pretty sure they ship to Portugal. There's some guys from your country in the forum as well, you should try to contact them and ask!

Good luck!

Back