• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Different pot sizes for different peppers

I am currently growing the following peppers and I am wondering if certain peppers need a big 7 gal pot or if they are happy in a smaller one.

Mainly the following peppers Pumpkin Habenaro, Santa Fe Grande and Sapporo

Here is my list

Fatalli
Peach Ghost Pepper
Infinity
7 Pot Brain Strain
7 Pot Douglah
Butch T Scorpion
Giant Ghost Pepper
Pumpkin Habenaro
Santa Fe Grande Pepper
Sapporo Pepper

Really a great question! I just pot in big 15 gal pots and don't worry about it, but I limit my space tremendously by doing so.

I grew in 5 gal buckets last year and my plants out grew them buckets in no time.... Give em as much space to grow and your plant will reward you.. I would say for the C. Chinense 15gal should be the lowest you want to go with...

Basically you can use whatever size you want. The smaller the pot the smaller and less productive the plant will be. From my experience annums are a little more forgiving to pot size than chinenses.

I cant tell you whats that I gallons but I grew Trinidad Scorpions in 20L pots last season to about 1,5m high and around the same wide. One woman I know from another forum got the same size in a 10L pot.... so.... should be ok

Back