• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dirt Cheap ProMix

online Lowes is selling it for $15 online... check out slickdeals.net and get a code for $10% off .. pretty much takes off the tax (in cali)

buddy of mine got his for even cheaper.. in socal

thought i'd share it with you guys.. good luck and happy hunting

Roguejim said:
All I'm finding is $29.97.

Same here. It must have been an error. If that were the case I would have picked up every last bale they had when I'm in Wooster today!

Its locality based.  Lowes.com pulls your ip address for location to give you only whats available near you so that we cant buy all that one place has and have it shipped for free to our nearest store.

SichuaneseFoodFan said:
It is if you don't mind applying nutrients often, maybe every other watering. That's exactly how I did it for years with great results. I now amend the soil and grow organically, so I can just use water because it's easier.

So you just mix in some compost and other things and let it ride all season?

Damn,  I don't ever get that lucky!  I did however buy 2 bags of BX of a guy this winter for $20.  Offered him $20 to see what he'd say,  sure enough he agreed.  So the soil went straight in the back of my truck and I took off like a bat out of hell.  He probably didn't realize how expensive they were OR they weren't his lol!

Nice score Denniz!  That should last a good while man!

I happened to be driving past the local Lowes.  They have the sale price of $14.98.

Found a torn/patched bag, missing a few cups of material.

"How much?"

"$7.49"

:dance:

ColdSmoke said:

So you just mix in some compost and other things and let it ride all season?

That's my plan anyway.  Last year I used promix and tomato-tone and nothing but water for some of my plants and had good results.  This year I basically took that and just added composts, perlite, and kelp, and let it sit for 2 weeks before transplanting.  I'll let everyone know how it compares to just promix + maxibloom.

Going to use it to extend my bag of Ocean Forest, Ace compost (looks surprisingly good for $4 a bag), steer poo, perlite, coffee grounds, and native dirt (Don't call it soil! This is stream deposited clay and fine rocks, as found in a desert wash.  Used at ~5% by volume for minerals.)

What do you folks think?  Promix at ~60% by volume?  More?  Less?  I don't mind fertilizing as I go.

Back