• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Disappointment

It's a plain old fact that you really ought to buy from a reputable dealer if you want what you pay for. Last year I was selling Naga Jolokia's - bought from a reputable seed supplier in the UK and harvested over here for sale. I never really thought much of it as there was a lot of hype about the Naga J's. But, one of my customers complained his fruits were mild. After some investigation it turned out I was growing and selling PC-1 - nothing at all like a Naga J. So, I had to contact all my clients and offer them free replacements. I've also heard the same thing doing the rounds about the Naga Viper, but don't know how true this is. You're lucky the ebay seller turned out to be genuine, and I hope you get a happy ending (and of course many hot fruits!)

Well, after much waiting (and not much hope), I received a nice fat envelope today containing 3 peppers with seeds. As soon as I opened the envelope, the smell jumped right out at me hehe. Even in baggies, you could smell the heat. I have another jiffy pellet container that I will plant some of these in and then they will sit beside the grow challenge and the seeds that spongey sent me to ease my disappointment.

mms_img436723955.jpg

Why buy seeds on ebay, there's so many growers here, just check out the marketplace...

Greg
True that. And something to note: I have never bought a single pepper seed. Unless it was given to me, traded, or found out in the field on my own accord, I won't grow it. I love to share my seeds/pepeprs with everyone and have always been given great seeds in return over the years from people I meet on the internet! I have seeds from around the world and years ago that exist in purity to this day. I keep the genes very pure, and keep a rotating roster every year to keep the genes viable in seed form.

If you can build a seed bank and keep it going, it keeps your options open :)

Back