• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

disaster at home :(

i went for a 10 day work trip and when i got back home this what i found :(

wp001377.jpg

my cabai burung.

wp001373.jpg

my hab x cross

wp001370.jpg

my medusa

wp001194.jpg

And finally my chili padi. look at the amount of pods on it.!!!!!

i did not leave them alone. my wife and kids are home.!
hmmm maybe they know that i am going to go outstation again and this time for more than 1 month.

The first couple of pics make me think something ate the leaves off - any idea if this is the case or not? Did your family water them while you were away?

Thats unfortunate, if you were here in the states I would send you some chili's...
Gone only ten days.....hmm...Definitely looks like the leaves were eaten, even if your plants weren't watered after ten days you would still have dryed up leaves attached to the plants...
sorry to see that,hope you have help ......next time around

Geez Srin, bummer! Sorry to see that.
Does your family know how to care for the plants? The evidence would indicate no.
Maybe time for some lessons, no? Cheers and good luck. :)

Hi Sri,

Sorry to see that. I came home a few days ago and found out birds have pecked holes in 80% of my superhot pods even though they are still green and unripe.
Some people mention hanging old CD disc to ward off birds any idea?

Mark T

I didn't see any fallen leaves either. This year the Tomato Horn Worms are bad. Buy the time you see the damage, they can strip a small plant of leaves bad. It ws a constant battle. They even hit my hot peppers, could strip them in less than 48 hours! I kept them watered and they did make it, but production was stopped for over a month.

That is horrible Sri. Do you think with some extra care they will be salvageable?

i think the cili padi is a goner...I accidently put the wrong picture.....this is how it looks now..
wp001369.jpg

the medusa , i might have to crop its dead branches off and let it start again.

the hab X is a 2 year old plant that have been going that that cycle of loosing all its leaves but this time i guess its a goner too and the plant became loose ,shaky...root problem..i guess.

there have been rain ..maybe too much rain... too much water...with the typhoon in Philippines we are also getting some weird weather here.

The first couple of pics make me think something ate the leaves off - any idea if this is the case or not? Did your family water them while you were away?
the rotted leaves are there... but my hab x does not have any dead leaves there..hmmm horn worms? my milk weed beside that plant is bald as well. no leaves...

Thats unfortunate, if you were here in the states I would send you some chili's...
Gone only ten days.....hmm...Definitely looks like the leaves were eaten, even if your plants weren't watered after ten days you would still have dryed up leaves attached to the plants...
sorry to see that,hope you have help ......next time around
thanks greg...for the offer... i have been eating some super hot while i was away. my work away is near my mother in laws house where i have planted some over there.

Geez Srin, bummer! Sorry to see that.
Does your family know how to care for the plants? The evidence would indicate no.
Maybe time for some lessons, no? Cheers and good luck. :)
hi there arnold, how the weather in thailand ?

there have been rain maybe too much..
but i can't explain what happen to the cili padi. it was a big and healty plant before i left. it looks like the roots are effected because the plant looks like its drying up shriveling up.

the plants know that i am going to be shifting away from this house....i guess. new work place is abt 1600 km away...

Hi Sri,

Sorry to see that. I came home a few days ago and found out birds have pecked holes in 80% of my superhot pods even though they are still green and unripe.
Some people mention hanging old CD disc to ward off birds any idea?

Mark T
hi mark,
how your plants are doing?
sorry to hear about the pods.hmm you need to complete with the birds for the hot peppers.
hmm put a fine net over your plant.

I didn't see any fallen leaves either. This year the Tomato Horn Worms are bad. Buy the time you see the damage, they can strip a small plant of leaves bad. It ws a constant battle. They even hit my hot peppers, could strip them in less than 48 hours! I kept them watered and they did make it, but production was stopped for over a month.
it might be horn worms the last time but this time i don't think so. :( roots problem...wet feet.

Back