• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dismember Season 2013

Hi guys,

this is my 3rd chili season and I would like to share some pictures of it with you.
I dont use high tech equipment and stuff... all I use is quality soil , daylight lamps and fertilizer. My growing conditions may sound or look a little bit poor but the result is not bad. My plants are healthy and extremely sexy :)

What soil am I using? Bio Bizz All mix

What lights am I using? 6500 K , 12h per day

What fertilizer am I using? Hakaphos blue

List of plants:

- Blue Mystery 1 plant
- Morouga Scorpion red 1 plant
- Morouga Scorpion yellow 1 plant
- 7 Pot Primo yellow 1 plant
- 7 Pot large yellow (somehow ) 3 plants
- 7 Pot Infinity 1 plant
- 7 Pot Brainstrain yellow 1 plant
- Trinidad Scorpion chocolate 1 plant
- Scotch Bonnet orange 1 plant

Most of the seeds were from pepperlover and junglerain, some I got by trade.

I started in January, but some of the seeds germinated late ( up to 3 weeks later ) that´s why not all of them are the same size :(

The germination process took place in a small, heated green house and a bunch of jiffy pads.

Pictures:

Infinity:

Morouga red:

7 Pot large yellow ( left ) and 7 Pot Primo yellow ( right ):

The rest of them ( left side is the Blue Mystery , small one is the Scotch Bonnet ):

I think I watered the 7 Pot large yellow a bit too much. Got brown dots on the leaves... already put it into dry soil. Hope it can recover from it.

The Infinity and Morouga red plants are now placed outside my growbox and at the window. I want to know how they can deal with the current weather. I kept the Primo and large yellow 7 Pot in the box for comparison.

Thats it for the moment. Thanks for reading and good luck for 2013

Dismember

Hey Dismember,
I like the stocky look to your plants the Bio and the 6500's are doing their job !
Good luck with your season.

Ok guys, here we go... got some new pictures of my plants after I put them into 10L pots. They will most likely stay that way. Last year I used 20L pots and the plants grew huge! Like 130cm tall and 150cm wide or so... too much!
Plants are looking good so far, just one of the 7 Pot Yellow that I accidentally watered too much lost most of it´s leaves.

Morouga Scorpion Yellow:

7 Pot Infinity:

Morouga Scorpion Red:

7 Pot Large Yellow:

7 Pot Primo Yellow:

7 Pot Brainstrain Yellow:

7 Pot Large Yellow ( watered too much ):

And the rest of them, still inside my growbox:

Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate, 7 Pot Large Yellow, Scotch Bonnet Orange and Blue Mystery:

Greetings

Dismember

Here is an update of my plants. I did post this update on other forums too, so please dont call me a faker, if you see this update somewhere else ;)
It´s just a lot of work to do, so I prefer to copy paste it. It´s the same update, why writing other text to it...
I finally had the guts to cut three of my plants, but I guess I wont be cutting the rest of them... they are already too big.
I used bamboo sticks to tie the lower stem to them, because it´s quite windy on my balcony and I dont want them to die.
Another thing I did was removing the lower leaves from the stem, because it´s easier to water them like that. Second advantage is that I can see whats going on on top of the potting soil more easily.
Last year I did the same thing to my yellow Fatalii and I must say that it looked pretty sexy.
Some days ago we had a lot of sunshine here and I decided to place my plants outside... bad idea! Two days after I put them back inside ( too cold at night and a lot of rain ) they got sciarid / fungus gnat ( not sure what word you use in english ). I bought some nematodes and got rid of them in no time, but I wont place them outside anymore... at least not until the weather has changed and they can stay there overnight.
Plants are going well, but so far no flower has turned into a chili... last year I already had a few pods.
Anyhow... here are some pics of my plants:

This one shows my TS Morouga Red and TS Scorpion Chocolate:

These ones are a TS Morouga Yellow and a Yellow Brainstrain:

Infinity and 7 Pot Primo Yellow ( you can see that the Primo only has one stem and did not spread into other directions... I removed some leaves and hope that it will change ):

Again my Primo Yellow and a freshly cut 7 Pot Large Yellow:

Last picture is 7 Pot Large Yellow from two weeks ago ( I cut it ) and the Blue Mystery ( already cut twice ):

Btw. Dont mind the messed up balcony... I move here last October and the guy before me didnt clean it at all... I will do it in like one month or so... a lot of work to do.

Back