• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water Do you used RO water for your hydro?

I am curious how many people that have a hydro running are actually using Reverse Osmosis water? I know for salt water tanks it is a must. Actually for reef tanks we take it a step further and use deionizer. Is anyone using water that has been left to air out for a few days? I am using RO water but its a pain to get it because I have to haul it from one room to another. I don't want to buy another RO unit just for the hydro.

i use distilled water but i only have a small set up the pepper is a year old and have never had problems with it

i am a lazy broke man, so i use straight tap water( i am usre its not the best for the plant) but i only use 1 tsp/gal fert and adjust the ph when needed and my plants grow and look healthy and they are outside on my balcony. until i can afford 200 bucks for a filter i will jsut use tap water, you can check out my grow log here and see how my plants look with just tap water. i put them in the DWC bucket back in August and first 3 pods were set a few days ago.

tap water here, I try to either let it rest for a day to remove the chlorine or I use the aquarium water treatment. Never had any issues, other than having to add PH down each time.

Well water and rain water for me. No need for RO iunless you have a water problem to start with. You'll be taking everything out of the water and then having to add a lot of it back in with nutrients. Best to have your water tested so you know where you start

My read from other posts is the effect of chlorine is not that big of a deal. If you have sub 200 PPM water don't worry about RO. If you are running organic and depend heavily on bacteria and fungus then chlorimine or chlorine might matter.

Back