• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Dogfishhead, Peppers, Shinerbock and more!

Well, I am home from my mini-vacation and I must tell you it was fun. I managed to have a Shinerbock for the first time at a bar called Los Locos. I went to Dogfishhead three times and had all of their drafts and brought home a mixed case of 6 different beers. The lineup includes Raison d'Etre, 90 Min IPA, a bottle of 2007 120 Min IPA, Shelter Pale Ale, Palo Santo Maron, and Midas Touch. I also had some brewpub exclusives, they included Burton Baton which is a mix of a smoke English Strong brew and 90 min IPA, Grau Dunkelweissen which was absolutely amazing. The malt for this beer is smoked over hickory. In addition to that I had Palo Santo, Midas Touch, 90 Min IPA, Shelter Pale Ale, and some of their homemade Honey Rum. While I was there I also stopped at Peppers and picked up a variety of hot sauces, salsas, and bbq sauce. I am on a limited time frame tonight, but I will post pics of all this soon. The highlights of the hot sauces include most of the line of Stone Brewing Co' sauces including Double Bastard Habanero sauce, Smoked Porter BBQ sauce, and Ruination IPA Mustard Curry grilling sauce. Melindas has a new addition to their line, the Naga Jolokia sauce. I also grabbed Talon by Cajohn, Toxic Tonic by the Three Hot Tamales, Mad Dog 357 Wing Sauce, a salsa from Heather's House of Heat, and Peppers Spicy Blue Crab Salsa. A great time, but the highlights of the trip were my son's fist sand castle and foray into the ocean albeit shin deep...:lol:

Rehoboth Beach, DE. Sorry, I forget that most of the world doesn't know where Dogfishhead and Peppers are.

Never heard of Peppers, but I'm a huge Dogfish fan. 60's and 90's being in my top 10 favorite brews. Ever had Aprihop? It's their spring seasonal. I love apricot, and hence apricot beers. #9 has ben on my list for a long time. Just the other night. The Pyramid one is tasty too, but probably my least favorite of the 4 apricot beers I've had. Which was 3 until the other day, one of me regular bars that has around 100 beers got this new one in on draft last week. I can't for the life of me remember the brewery or name of it though. Gotta make a point of doing that next time I'm there.

Ummm, Burton Baton and 90 Minute IPA are not pub exclusives ;)

Glad that you had fun, not glad that you didn't take brewery pics..... :(

Sorry, I thought Burton Baton was. I knew 90 Min wasn't, but I was quite tired when writing that. It has been a long busy week. As soon as I got home I had to go away again for work this time. Just got back. I'll try to get those pics up soon.

Beware of that Midas Touch! I couldn't finish that stuff..

Sounds like a great trip you had! I'd love to go to DFH HQ.. Funny you say how people don't know where some part of Delaware is...there is a video on youtube that someone took at some lunch where the DFH owner is speaking. He is talking about when/how he was ordering some wood burning stove or something. He told them he was in Delaware and they (an American company) asked him what state that was in! :lol:

imaguitargod said:
Ummm, Burton Baton and 90 Minute IPA are not pub exclusives ;)

Glad that you had fun, not glad that you didn't take brewery pics..... :(
Yeah, both of those are not too hard to find in bottles. I'd skip the Palo Santo Maron. That stuff was the ONLY beer i've ever dumped down the sink. It's not even a beer, it's...awful (IMO).

Still, it sounds like a killer trip. DFH is on my list of "must visit".

wow I remember that, still can't believe you dumped that. I like Palo Santo though. It was a great trip. I only made it to one other bar. That's only because they had a Shiner sign in the window and I have been wanting to try that. It was really good by the way.

Finally here's a couple of pics of my haul:

DFH.jpg

Peppers.jpg

Hey JayT...big Shiner fan here. What did you think about your Shiner Bock? My favs are actually the Black Lager and the new Smokehaus that is smoked with mesquite. Course being from Texas those flavors are available at the local Kroger.

Yep IGG that is the Peach and Blueberry Merlot salsa. Actually the missus found that one. I said I knew someone who worked there so we got it. BigDawg, I have been wanting to try Shiner for a while after hearing AJ and others here talking about it. I was definitely not disappointed! Good stuff.

BigDawg said:
Hey JayT...big Shiner fan here. What did you think about your Shiner Bock? My favs are actually the Black Lager and the new Smokehaus that is smoked with mesquite. Course being from Texas those flavors are available at the local Kroger.

Their Black Lager is to die for. Seriously, that has got to be some of the best beer i've ever had.

Back