• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Dollar Menu Dare VIDEOS!

Mayo doesn't cut powder but ketchup does ;)

Gonna vote the Biz. It was the most entertaining. Everyone kicked ass though :onfire:

Those glasses were 3D glasses that just happened to be on the table lol (props) and yeah my mouth was on fire but not in pain. Sweating yeah you can see it more on me because of the HD, Sall good though

Don't lie, we know the truth about the sweating...

tumblr_me3wgnBx211qc31ueo1_500.jpg

<------ Buy some from this guy, get the sample pack. Mayo if anything spreads the heat as it sticks to your mouth. Sour Cream would be a different story.

I'll co-sign this man. His mixed smoked super hots is tasty as can be and provides quite the unexpected kick. Plus, it's reasonably priced for the sheer amount you get.

Damn - Naga storming back! This is getting close!

Calm and collected vs in yo face!

lol

Should be an exciting finish to the voting - neck & nek right now!

LDHS and Patrick not voting? What gives? If the contestants are voting why aren't you?

If you mix equal amounts of powder to equal amounts of water vs. Mayo. the one mixed with water will be hotter.
just sayin~

LDHS and Patrick not voting? What gives? If the contestants are voting why aren't you?

If you mix equal amounts of powder to equal amounts of water vs. Mayo. the one mixed with water will be hotter.
just sayin~
Not sure I buy that, powder IMO becomes hotter when added to oil and heated releasing the capsium. I have not found water alone to make it hotter nor mayo to make it more tolerable. As someone said above, the acid in Ketchup is a different story.

Biz nailed it - sponsors don't vote.

We are amused, enthralled, entertained, but not voting. It's only fair - even though I showed bias in commentary which may have been uncool. Fug it.

Not sure I buy that, powder IMO becomes hotter when added to oil and heated releasing the capsium. I have not found water alone to make it hotter nor mayo to make it more tolerable. As someone said above, the acid in Ketchup is a different story.

Agree with this - I have found ketchup tames heat, where as mayo enhances it - oil soluable capsaicin and all...especially with powders where the capsaicin can be leeched out of the powder into the oil-based Mayo.

of course someone coulda got all sneaky & used vegganaise (sounds like something that hippy TB would do)
:rofl:

Biz nailed it - sponsors don't vote.

We are amused, enthralled, entertained, but not voting. It's only fair - even though I showed bias in commentary which may have been uncool. Fug it.

Agree with this - I have found ketchup tames heat, where as mayo enhances it - oil soluable capsaicin and all...especially with powders where the capsaicin can be leeched out of the powder into the oil-based Mayo.

of course someone coulda got all sneaky & used vegganaise (sounds like something that hippy TB would do)
:rofl:

+1, You wouldn't use Veg oil to cool your palate afterall. Water only makes it seem hotter because it has the power to wash everything down EXCEPT the oil. Thus you feel cool for a brief moment only to go right back to burning your face off.

Carry on

I'd be interested to do some sort of a blind test concerning ketchup vs mayo.

I've always found anything acidic to enhance heat. Vinegar does it, so does ascorbic acid.

Just for fun sometime, eat an average Joe store bought habanero. But before you eat it, earlier in the day eat a handful of Sweet Tarts or Jolly Ranchers. That average Joe hab will light you up like the fourth of July.

Back