• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Don't you feel like a murderer when...

Hope you get all you need to get done today Jackie...

Question: If you pick the plants clean of peppers, can you wait until the first hard frost that kills the tips of the branches and cut them back after the first killing frost? I am assuming the first killing frost will only impact the tips of the branches and not the main stem or root ball...

I may not be clear in what I am asking but I hope you get my drift...

That is what I was hoping the answer was...I won't worry about it until the time comes...I would say we are at least 3 weeks from the first killing frost...hopefully longer....I think last year it was 5 December.

AlabamaJack said:
That is what I was hoping the answer was...I won't worry about it until the time comes...I would say we are at least 3 weeks from the first killing frost...hopefully longer....I think last year it was 5 December.

Gotta love Texas. Some years we don't even get frost until February :)

I went with multiple plants per pot this year, 3 in each pot. One pot did extremely well (had better soil) and I'm going to try and overwinter those. It has a Tabasco, Red Hot Chile, and Jalapeno. All 3 produced loads this year, can't wait to see next year. In any case, the death of the other plants is still hopefully at least a month away.

I've just started ripping plants out and Yes, it sucks! But, I am focusing on next years grow list and am starting to get excited about starting on that.

I can't even tell you how many bags of green and half ripe peppers I brought..20 is just a rough guess...I'll be ripening and drying, making sauces, etc for a while but had to stop in this morning..before I get busy!

Let's all have a minute of silence to commemorate the plants that didn't make my overwintering selection and ended up in the garbage can. ;)

I feel dirty. :clap:

Back