• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Dorset Nova Strain World Wide Environmental Evaluation Thread

Well, these are my seedlings. The 'almost hook' on the top left is an Aji Lemon, the seedlings are Nova's Northern Naga's, and the hook on the right is the Black Chili plant seed that I got from Junglerain.

varietyofseedlings.jpg

Serrano

When I'm not germinating my seeds in Jiffy pellets I keep my pots on the heat mat, but I also put the plastic lid from the Jiffy mini-greenhouse to help hold in the heat. There's a pretty big difference from just putting the pots on the heat mat and putting the plastic lid on them. Whenever I take the lid off of them at night, the pots barely heat up a quarter of the way. When I put the lid on them during the day, the pot is completely heated. I take the lid off during the nights to avoid mold. And I just noticed that I have D.N on two of the pots, but put D.S. on the last pot. Brain fart I guess... I planted some more of the Aji Lemons in the three back pots.

DorsetNagaseedlingscovered001.jpg

Blister said:
I'm guessing he missed the T.V repair van and the

Flowers
By
Irene

Truck as well. Some people!

Sitting with my eye balls poking through the blinds... as we speak!

Irene? I thought it was Ilean! That van had a flat tire!:shocked:

JungleRain said:
Great Blister...how long did the black chilli take to germinate, most people are telling me from 1 - 3 days

This is my second go round. The first two I planted didn't germinate. This one was planted the same time as the first batch of nagas so that works out to 11-12 days. I showed my mom the plant pics you ppsted and told her about it. She thought it was pretty cool. She hinted that she'd really like one so I think I'll have to keep my eye on it so she doesn't grab this one one me! :)

Still No Show

Its now 26 Jun 09, and still no hooks. First planting 1 Jun 09. Second planting 16 Jun 09. Not sure what gives here, I have almost always gotten 85 to 95 percent germination. I bet if I had some Perfect Starts, like I started everything else with this early spring, I would have much better luck. I'm all out of Perfect Starts for the year, so if these two don't germinate, I'll just wait until next year.

Hold the Press!!!!

Just checked the second planting (16 Jun 09), and I have two hooks. Two seeds planted, two hooks, in 10 days. Now thats more like it. Still nothing with the 1 Jun 09 planting. Must have been some real crappy leftover stuff I planted them in. Let the games begin!!!

superdv1 said:
Just checked the second planting (16 Jun 09), and I have two hooks. Two seeds planted, two hooks, in 10 days. Now thats more like it. Still nothing with the 1 Jun 09 planting. Must have been some real crappy leftover stuff I planted them in. Let the games begin!!!

I dug one out and its just starting to get a root! So I covered it again and I will wait!:cool:

joeknowsjolokia said:
I dug one out and its just starting to get a root! So I covered it again and I will wait!:cool:

LOL! I've done that before. I keep thinking, WTF? These aren't going anywhere! Then I find out that they were actually doing something after I dug them up :oops:

Right on Joe! I'm just starting to get the smallest of leaves on my batch of Naga's. I should get them into pots fairly soon.

Blister said:
Right on Joe! I'm just starting to get the smallest of leaves on my batch of Naga's. I should get them into pots fairly soon.

I already have the pots ready... with promix, worm casings and extra perlite. I keep walking over and looking at them!:rolleyes:

joeknowsjolokia said:
I already have the pots ready... with promix, worm casings and extra perlite. I keep walking over and looking at them!:rolleyes:

Well quit it already! You know a watched plant won't grow!

Here's an updated shot of my chili's. The top left is an Aji Lemon, Nova's Northern Naga's are in the middle, and JungleRain's mystery black pepper plant is on the right. Check out how dark the seeds leaves are. Such a fantastic color!

DorsetNagaJune292009.jpg

peppermanbaha said:
nova i've not gotten anthing yet but i'll be patient.

Pm me your addy again and i will resend my friend. Don't know what the go is, the plane carrying your parcel must have ran out of fuel.:rolleyes:

Back