• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Douglah Imposter??

Hello!!  First post.....I purchased some "7 Pot Douglah" seeds in the spring and the plant just started to ripen.  I'm new to super hots this year.  I thought the Douglah was a brownish colored pepper.  What do I have?  Thanks...John!!

18OwNZk.jpg

Not sure about them. Some kinda X it looks like. A clearer pic would be better. Welcome aboard THP! That Jalapeno on the bottom of the pick looks very tasty tho!

My money says their is some Scorpion in there.  The pods hanging off the plant show scorpion characteristics, and so does the ripening ones.  Send me your address in a PM and ill send you some douglah seeds for next season.

How they are supposed to look.

As Naga Chomper says, there is a red version of the douglah. There are a few and they seem to arise spontaneously every once in a while. The one below is the BillyBoy Red Douglah that coheed196 sent me (there is a Yellow one, as well). Yours look very similar indeed. As Matt says, it could also be a cross. there isn`t any real way of knowing without DNA testing.

go to pepperlover's website and you will see a red douglah listed; i don't think Judy realized until a year or two later. i purchased some seeds and she tossed in a packaged labeled "douglah". they turned out to be red...... at least the seed i grew out. perhaps i will shake the seeds and test a few more seeds and see if they deliver the brown variant.

Back