• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Downsizing my grow am I missing anything?

This year instead of growing 30-40 varieties I'm gonna concentrate on a half dozen or so such as the following

Carolina Reaper
Jigsaw
Ice Scream
Bubble Gum
Naga Viper
Butch T from Butch T
Primo Red
Primo Yellow
Chocolate Moruga
Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
Brazilian Bhut Jolokia

This are all supers, desired or have qualities such as good in sauces. Can anyone think of anything I'm missing ??

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Perhaps a Jay's Ghost Scorpion Peach
Those things taste disgusting. And get rid of the butch T. Use a scorpion large and a scorpion sweet instead.

If you want exotic peppers, there exists the mustard scorpion and roatan pumpkin habaneros.

cruzzfish said:
Those things taste disgusting. And get rid of the butch T. Use a scorpion large and a scorpion sweet instead.

If you want exotic peppers, there exists the mustard scorpion and roatan pumpkin habaneros.

Scorpion large and sweet ??

I liked the Jay's peach. Made tasty powder too. To each his own though.
Also... I enjoyed the peach bhuts as mentioned above.
TS sweet are nice. Hab to jalapeño heat from the different phenos I have grown and sent from another member here. Mine had almost a sweet baccatum flavor mixed in. Really yummy.
Bhut orange Copenhagen is tasty. Like a super hot Bahamian goat but with a more orangy citrusy taste. Might be a good one to add.
Talk to me if need anything spankys!

Growing out your own saved jigsaws? Remembered you were one if the few to have pods last season.

GA Growhead said:
I liked the Jay's peach. Made tasty powder too. To each his own though.
Also... I enjoyed the peach bhuts as mentioned above.
TS sweet are nice. Hab to jalapeño heat from the different phenos I have grown and sent from another member here. Mine had almost a sweet baccatum flavor mixed in. Really yummy.
Bhut orange Copenhagen is tasty. Like a super hot Bahamian goat but with a more orangy citrusy taste. Might be a good one to add.
Talk to me if need anything spankys!

Growing out your own saved jigsaws? Remembered you were one if the few to have pods last season.
Do you have peach Bhut's ?I think the Bhuts in general are great hot sauce pods ! Yea growing Jigsaws from my own seeds. I started them late and though I got a lot of pods I only got a hand ful of truly ripe on the plant pods.
cruzzfish said:
I have a cross I have yet to name it's a Brain Strain crossed with a Jalapeño and it too has a sweetish jalapeño flavor at first then BAM nice heat !

Spankyscolts said:
Do you have peach Bhut's ?I think the Bhuts in general are great hot sauce pods ! Yea growing Jigsaws from my own seeds. I started them late and though I got a lot of pods I only got a hand ful of truly ripe on the plant pods.
I have a cross I have yet to name it's a Brain Strain crossed with a Jalapeño and it too has a sweetish jalapeño flavor at first then BAM nice heat !
You selling any of those next year?

jojo said:
Brainjepeño. Looks good. Really good
Good one! They are prolific a hint sweet, keep a long time pickle nicely juicy .. There is really a lot to like about them and like a Jalapeño they are good green as well. I wish they were longer and may cross em again with a Billy Biker. They also dry nicely

Anyone ever hear of the Black Naga Hybrid or the Kraken Scorpion ???

Back