• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

condiment Dried salsa recipe ?

Do any of you ever make a salsa or sauce with nothing but dried peppers or powder for heat ? The reason I asked is my wife just got a great deal on some red bell peppers and I'm out of any fresh hot peppers. I was thinking of using some bells as the major part of the salsa and using dried for heat. I just didn't want to waste some good bell peppers if it doesn't turn out. Thanks !

salsalady said:
SavinaRed was looking to use a score at the grocery of  RED bell peps (not GREEN) and didn't have any fresh hot peppers....  was asking if dried chiles could be used for the heat in a sauce or salsa instead of fresh chiles....

OP-"Do any of you ever make a salsa or sauce with nothing but dried peppers or powder for heat ? The reason I asked is my wife just got a great deal on some red bell peppers and I'm out of any fresh hot peppers. I was thinking of using some bells as the major part of the salsa and using dried for heat. I just didn't want to waste some good bell peppers if it doesn't turn out. Thanks !"

By the time this salsa discussion could end, them red bell peps will be LongGone.  :lol:  
My suggestion was to use the red bell peps in a semi-typical Pico-style salsa using dried chiles for the heat along with tomato, onion, RED BELL PEPPER (because that's what he wants to use!), dried chiles for heat, cilantro.....you get the idea....  That's all.
I understood what you meant and I have no issues with it SL. In fact I will intentionally make some with green,yellow,orange and red bell peppers and post a pic with the results.............. It will be one colorful Pico     :violin:

No Corrector for RedSavina......But Boss...yer cruzin' for a bruzin......!

fd61314d.jpg

Back