• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Drill Sergeant

Havnt been on in a while, been sittin here at Drill Sergeant school forever. Graduation is friday (thankyou god). Gonna be stationed at Ft jackson. Then I will resume my hotness :hell:

Hehe, sounds like fun.
It's a little different here, I think. combat troops here are called (I believe that is the only proper translation) "warriors", and in order command warriors, you must be one yourself. for example an infantry troop goes through basic training, then advance training (which takes sometimes over a year and a half, depends on the unit) and after training the most suitable one will go to squad leaders course. the first job the SL's get after course is training new recruits at basic training, then they continue with the same troops to advance training and then to the operational battalion/unit as their field commanders. when you reach your next rank, as a commander, you're assigned to be a sergeant and some are sent back to basic training as sergeants. there's a certain hierarchy in that... for example to become a platoon leader (an officer) and command squad leaders and a sergeant, you must be a squad leader and sergeant your self. after officer's course you are sent to basic training as a platoon leader and your will command the same troop even in battle, later on in service. so basically, there's no such thing as "drill sergeant" here. sounds like fun though.

Hehe, sounds like fun.
It's a little different here, I think. combat troops here are called (I believe that is the only proper translation) "warriors", and in order command warriors, you must be one yourself. for example an infantry troop goes through basic training, then advance training (which takes sometimes over a year and a half, depends on the unit) and after training the most suitable one will go to squad leaders course. the first job the SL's get after course is training new recruits at basic training, then they continue with the same troops to advance training and then to the operational battalion/unit as their field commanders. when you reach your next rank, as a commander, you're assigned to be a sergeant and some are sent back to basic training as sergeants. there's a certain hierarchy in that... for example to become a platoon leader (an officer) and command squad leaders and a sergeant, you must be a squad leader and sergeant your self. after officer's course you are sent to basic training as a platoon leader and your will command the same troop even in battle, later on in service. so basically, there's no such thing as "drill sergeant" here. sounds like fun though.

Damn Omri....

That sounds almost as difficult as it is for me to order a box of ink pens in the US Navy....:lol:

Why does the military make things so damned complicated?

Damn Omri....

That sounds almost as difficult as it is for me to order a box of ink pens in the US Navy....:lol:

Why does the military make things so damned complicated?
Actually, it is simpler getting an officer's rank than getting some office supply... :lol:
To answer your question, the military makes things complicated 'cause it can!

congrats Talljess...

were you able to grow any peppers this year?....

Unfortunately not much. I had 3 Bhuts,2 savinas and some ornamental crap my wife wanted but not much harvest. Had to outsource for this winters supply.

Just saw this, congratulations there Drill! They wouldn't let me go to drill sergeant school. I got sent to recruiter. Hatted every minute of it. Man, having to go from Hood to Jackson, that would really suck to me. I managed to do most of my time at Stewart and live in Savannah. That was nice. Used to grow some really nice Hab and Jal's there. Had to work with some really sandy soil.

Congrats on the DI .Keep em working and alive. 10 yrs marines and the di`s are the worst--well maybe the wives. lol semper fi rich

Back