• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Driving the Pace car

Saw someone from Pace on TV who said something like "most people say they like hot but when they try our hot they think it's to hot."

Having taken this as a direct challenge I tried it. It's got a quick tip of the tounge burn thats unpleasant. I don't think it's that it's too hot. I think it's unballanced. I really have no clue why Jalps would have such a tip of the tounge heat in a product like that.

darthcarl said:
Saw someone from Pace on TV who said something like "most people say they like hot but when they try our hot they think it's to hot."

Having taken this as a direct challenge I tried it. It's got a quick tip of the tounge burn thats unpleasant. I don't think it's that it's too hot. I think it's unballanced. I really have no clue why Jalps would have such a tip of the tounge heat in a product like that.

Well it's hotter than the medium but doesn't hold a candle to most of the hot salsas that I have tried. I don't know what they do to that stuff but it doesn't taste nearly as good as the medium. I can eat the medium all day (mixing in some hot sauce of course!) but I can't hardly stand the hot version.

I can't imagine a big co like pace putting out a product that's HOT enough to please a chilehead. I sometimes wonder if "liability" has anything to do with it.
And of course the cost involved in producing a really HOT salsa.

do you have any trees that come in bags diamond shaped and have habenero seasoning......no wait never mind thats doritos......

Back