• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DWC Log

Well here are a few pics of my DWC grow at the moment. The seeds were sown on 17-18 Aug 2010. They are doing better than any other plants I have going at the moment. The roots are going nuts in most of these buckets but some barely have any roots at all. There will be more pics to come tomorrow when my camera's batteries are charged.

This is the biggest of them all, it's a Bhut x Giant White Hab and it stands 16-17 inches tall. Comes courtesy of a VERY generous member down in Victoria.
These pictures don't do the amount of buds any justice bud he we go.
This is not the best shot but will get more tomorow.
BhutxGWHab4.jpg

Some of these pics aren't focused very well but others are quite good.
BhutxGWHab1.jpg

BhutxGWHab2.jpg

I like this one, it was unintentional but i got almost all of the flowers in one shot.
BhutxGWHab3.jpg

Those white dots remind me of the holes that baby catepillars chew in the leaves of my tomato plants. Look underneath, are they transparent through the leaf? These white butterfly moths lay them on the lowest leaves. You can spray them if they get out of hand but I find usually other bugs come along and eat them anyway.

Thanks megamoo, I'll check them out just in case it's not sun scald.

Nice looking plant Jas

Hmmm Umm the beer hmm heres a great beer if your looking for european brews :) lol

http://www.erdinger.de/en/company/brewery.html

great start hope you have a good year

Timmy,
I've never even seen that up this way! But the old Oettinger Pils goes aaaaaaa-ight. I'll keep an eye out for it. But hopefully soon with all these plants I have goin at the moment I'll have enough to make my own CHILLI BEER and CHIILI VODKA or might even try CHILLI RUM.... Not sure on the rum yet but will definately send you a sample of what ever I do make be it sauce or alcohol. Not sure.... but I can see more chilli than what I'll know what to do with.

:beer:

Sounds like your going to have a big season then. This year I'll be blending and then adding my peppers into a ziplock bag then freezing.

Lol @ the alcohol, sounds painful :beer:

I reckon! It's (chilli beer) the strangest sensation you'll ever have! Provided the beer is ICE cold! I had it while I lived in Perth, I went to the sail and Anchor with my 2 brothers in-law and we tried one, You drink more to get rid of the burn but it just hurts you more! A good marketing ploy if you ask me.

:cheers:

Jas

I HAD one Bhut x Giant White Hab pod up until this morning, but the rain we've been getting here knocked the pod off the plant. Also lost a few flowers over night too soo it was a pretty bad night for my chillies.

Oh well I supose there is still plenty of time to get some pods yet.

Its really early in the season, I'm sure you'll be getting lots if you already have pods at this point.

That sounds like an interesting pod, Bhutx Giant white Hab.

Yeah that one is courtesy of Grant, also Scorp x GWHab. Can't wait to see them and try them. Should be good. Something out of the ordinary.

Well I've finally goten around to posting some pics of my DWC plants.

Here is a pic of all the kids together
DWCgroup.jpg

And here is my favourite plant just because of the way it grew and how quick it was.
It's a Bhut x Giant White Hab
BhutxGWH1.jpg

BhutxGWHpod1.jpg

BhutxGWHpod2.jpg

Here is the Fatali
Fatali.jpg

And my 2 Brain Strain From Cappy, these 2 are growin fairly slowly, but I'm not too concerned as I have plenty of time left.
BrainStrain1.jpg

BrainStrain1top.jpg

This B/S has some leaf curl starting but be buggered if I can work out why.
BrainStrain2.jpg

Brainstrain2top.jpg

This here is my T Scorp orange, for the life of me I can't work out why it's lighter in colour than the rest of my plants!! I've tried moving around in case it was a lack of light, I've tried givinf it extra Nutes, I've tried changing the bucket it lives in. I just don't know. It has been lighter in colour since it sprouted.
Here is a pic to compare it
DWCGroup2.jpg

and here by it's self.
EDIT: I just noticed it has leaf curl too
TScorpOrange.jpg

Are they supposed to be lighter or am I doing some thing wrong?

And this is my T Scorp Yellow
TScorpYellow.jpg

And my T Scorp Morouga, It's lookin pretty leggy but since I tied them all off it seems to be doing better it has now got 2 branches at the top.

TScorpMorouga.jpg

TScorpMorougatop.jpg

Over all I'm pretty happy with their progress. Especially the Bhut x Giant White Hab (2ft 4in) and The T Scorp Morouga (2ft 8in). The rest are pretty close behind these 2, a side from the 2 Brain Strain which are only at around the 1ft mark and also the T Scorp Orange is around 1ft.

Can't wait to try one of the Bhut crosses! :dance:

All I have to do now is sit back :beer: and wait.

Thanks for lookin all.

Jas

:woohoo: There some seriosly nice looking plants Jas

Loving the top down shots too.

Yourve got a hot selection of plants growing, damn you'll be getting some serious heat soon.

:woohoo: There some seriosly nice looking plants Jas

Loving the top down shots too.

Yourve got a hot selection of plants growing, damn you'll be getting some serious heat soon.

Hey Timmy,
I hope to have a S#@T load of heat! :lol: I want to get right into making sauces, powders, vodkas and maybe beers too. haven't decided on the beer yet. It's an amazing sensation in the mouth, but it would be hard/time consuming to get all the flavours right. I Wouldn't even mind trying my hand at some chilli Jam but from my experience with Jam I'm terrible at making it! ;)
The top down shots are just to show how bushy they are or aren't, because with all the other plants so close by it's a bit deceiving.
I still have to put up some bird netting around these plants because the birds here just love stealing any and EVERY chilli I grow! Bastards! :lol:

Jas

I still have to put up some bird netting around these plants because the birds here just love stealing any and EVERY chilli I grow! Bastards!

I know how you feel, every single large 7 pod on my plant this season has been eaten by birds. It's like their just keeping an eye on them and as soon as the pods 3cm round they have just a little taste :hell:

I'm thinking I might have to give the old aero setup a go next year. Your plants look too nice.

Back