• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Eatting hot peppers Ghost chili and higher

I ate my first ghost chili pepper. It was really good. But for some reason it wasn't that hot to me and the ghost chili i just started eatting last month. i had ghost chili pepper sauce on my chicken for my 21st birthday and i loved the heat but it wasn't hot to me. I had it again last week same thing. So i decided to eat the real pepper. Assuming the ghost chili was going to be insanely hot i cut a portion of the bottom peice and ate it, and i was like to my friend, this isn't even hot, So i decided to cut the whole portion of the pepper with the whole membrane with all the seeds. I ate all of the that, And i didn't find it that hot. Now my friend when he ate his faced turned red and he was running for milk and bread. I didn't drink anything or eat anything i just ate it like regular food.

But lol i will say about 5-10mins later when my stomach started processing it, it was really painful, i wasn't expecting it. Im sitting there washing my hands and cause i just got done handling the ghost pepper and im like OH GOD~! and im like grandma i need some tums. 2 mins later im like OMG this hurts really bad we should go to the hospital, and she goes "AbSOLUTELY NOT" and im like "im dieing" and shes like no your not! And then shes like nomore of that stuff and im like yeah, ill stick to the powdered mixes not the actual whole pepper, and then im like im not doing these ever again! and im laying on the couch. 5mins later she comes in the living room and shes like how you feeling. And im perfectly fine,and im like " Im good, time for the scorpion pepper next!" and shes like havent learned your lesson yet? and im like im a man! and shes like "Yeah, you were just wanting to go to the hospital!"

That was probably the worst 15-20mins of my life lol, but i would do it again. I just wasn't expecting that much pain in my stomach.

whats the scorpion and the carolina reaper like?

Comedy gold! That is some funny chit there mang. :rofl:

And she was like, "I'll eat these 51 Bhuts in less than one minute".
And gordon Ramsay was like, "Oh HAEL NO!
And she was like, "yeah? What."

Then she did.

View attachment 11364

After that she was like, "lets see how many I can rub in my eyes in less than two minutes".
And the crowd was like, "GAAAHSP"
Gordon Ramsay was like, "Oh HAEL NO!"
And she was like, "yeah? What."

Then she did.

View attachment 11365

Welcome to THP.

Bhuts can be very variable in their heat - as little as 350,000 and as much as 1.4 million SHU. That is a gigantic spread. Still, many of these superhot peppers have wonderful effects on the stomach -  :rofl:

Nagas kill my stomach, irrespective of their relative heat. 500,000 or 1+ million. It makes no difference. However, they are nothing compared to the ultimate gut bomb so far, the Carolina Reaper. I didn`t find the Reaper to be as hot as things like Brain Strains or TSMB, but holy hell it played havoc with my stomach every time I ate it raw last year. Interestingly, it did not kill my stomach at all if I dry-roasted it in a pan first, but it was just as hot. 

There are threads on THP about how to deal with stomach cramps, at least to an extent, but it does feel like I imagine John Hurt felt in the film "Alien"

Nigel said:
Welcome to THP.

Bhuts can be very variable in their heat - as little as 350,000 and as much as 1.4 million SHU. That is a gigantic spread. Still, many of these superhot peppers have wonderful effects on the stomach -  :rofl:

Nagas kill my stomach, irrespective of their relative heat. 500,000 or 1+ million. It makes no difference. However, they are nothing compared to the ultimate gut bomb so far, the Carolina Reaper. I didn`t find the Reaper to be as hot as things like Brain Strains or TSMB, but holy hell it played havoc with my stomach every time I ate it raw last year. Interestingly, it did not kill my stomach at all if I dry-roasted it in a pan first, but it was just as hot. 

There are threads on THP about how to deal with stomach cramps, at least to an extent, but it does feel like I imagine John Hurt felt in the film "Alien"
If anyone knows, it is you! Happy to see you survived the fires. 

...I just ate 1/4 of a pod from my reaper plant the other day. I could literally feel every inch of my stomach and intestines pulsating with the molten magma they contained! Wasn't ready for that experience either. Conversely though - that reaper lit my face up like a hot branding iron as well. I knew I was screwed when I cut it open - I could literally hold it to its side and let the oils drip out!!

Bhut_Trolokia said:
Did you eat the ghost pepper on an empty stomach?
No i had a burger then i started to eat my ghost pepper burger that i cooked on the grill and i was like this isnt even hot, this feels less than a jalapeno! and then i went into the freezer and got the ghost chili pepper~!

JutsFL said:
...I just ate 1/4 of a pod from my reaper plant the other day. I could literally feel every inch of my stomach and intestines pulsating with the molten magma they contained! Wasn't ready for that experience either. Conversely though - that reaper lit my face up like a hot branding iron as well. I knew I was screwed when I cut it open - I could literally hold it to its side and let the oils drip out!!
Can you die from all those pains in your stomach, im just wondering cause mine felt like that to me as you can tell from my story lol? or do you just deal with that agony and let it pass by in about a half hour to an hour!

JutsFL said:
My friend is getting scorpions soon in the next month, im gonna eat that one to, can't let my friend beat me, im the king of the fire, not him lol!

Watch those scorpions friend, they will sting you. I found a batch of them last year and one pod in particular was much nastier than the rest. Heat in the mouth was pretty outstanding, and all the other normal super-hot pepper effects. About an hour later, I felt like I had swallowed a miniature devil and he was knifing me in the gut from the inside. Of course, I was driving at the time and I nearly wrecked trying to get home. Worst. Pepper. Experience. Ever.

P.S. Scoville...

After that she was like, "lets see how many I can rub in my eyes in less than two minutes".

Fuuuuuh.... no.

No worries of 'actual' death.... Maybe just wishing its occurrence in the process though ;)

I'm in line to try my TM scorpions, and savina's next... Then work my way back to the reaper - it was an altering experience to say the least, and I'm going to have to prep for the next encounter!

Butch Ts give me back pains and stomach cramps like nothing else in this world.  Not even other scorpions do it, and definitely not Reapers.  The hottest I've eaten so far is Primos, I end up doing a strange leg shake dance when I eat them...I've got 4 Primo plants this year and going to have some real fun using them in cooking.  I seriously underestimated some dried Armageddon pods I got a few weeks ago too.  Most brown pods have fast, intense heat that fades quickly but those kept lingering for me.

willard3 said:
Good food shouldn't hurt

Eggzackly right!

That's why I prefer pequin, chiltepin, thai, and cayenne types.

I dig on the heat but I don't want to feel like I'm being slapped across the face for an hour while eating it.

Last time I ate a raw t-scorp it was like putting a stun gun in my mouth and holding down the trigger.

There is nothing enjoyable about that at all.

ikeepfish said:
The hottest I've eaten so far is Primos...

Same experience here. The primos I had last year were slighter hotter than the reapers, red brain strain, and ts moruga (red). Looking forward to trying Judy's brown moruga this year.

texas blues said:

Eggzackly right!

That's why I prefer pequin, chiltepin, thai, and cayenne types.

I dig on the heat but I don't want to feel like I'm being slapped across the face for an hour while eating it.

Last time I ate a raw t-scorp it was like putting a stun gun in my mouth and holding down the trigger.

There is nothing enjoyable about that at all.
what are you saying................................
I love putting a stun gun in my mouth and pulling the trigger, but superhots..........
jk i actually love the super hots mostly i like to make powder, flakes, relish or fermented sauce (which i learned from rocketmans pinned thread)with them but they are also delicious just sliced or diced on top of food, understanding of course that i inherited a love of super spicy food must be my Spanish/cuban side cuz im sure its not the french side :rofl:  

willard3 said:
This is just machismo.

I totally get what you're saying about good food not needing to be painful. But intense, yet harmless, pain can also be fun and psychologically liberating. There's just something about seeing that electric fence and needing to grab it, just for shits and grins!
     Also, a lot of superhots just taste delicious. I used to hate the taste of red bhuts. I seriously considered pulling up my plant last year to give a neighboring Caribbean red and cayenne more room to grow after I tasted my first ripe pod. Since then I have grown to REALLY appreciate their flavor - to the point where I feel the need to push the limits of my tolerance just so I can use more of them in my cooking and get more of that flavor, comfortably. 
     Some folks I see doing YouTube videos (no one I've seen on THP) seem to be eating superhots just as a childish challenge, or to prove toughness to others. Personally, I'd never see the need to video myself doing that. But that's just me - to each his own. I love the pain, but reducing myself to a sweaty, gasping, drooling incoherent mess of a chilehead is just something I don't really want to show off to everyone! (OK, maybe my brother…)

dash 2 said:
I totally get what you're saying about good food not needing to be painful. But intense, yet harmless, pain can also be fun and psychologically liberating. There's just something about seeing that electric fence and needing to grab it, just for shits and grins!
     Also, a lot of superhots just taste delicious. I used to hate the taste of red bhuts. I seriously considered pulling up my plant last year to give a neighboring Caribbean red and cayenne more room to grow after I tasted my first ripe pod. Since then I have grown to REALLY appreciate their flavor - to the point where I feel the need to push the limits of my tolerance just so I can use more of them in my cooking and get more of that flavor, comfortably. 
     Some folks I see doing YouTube videos (no one I've seen on THP) seem to be eating superhots just as a childish challenge, or to prove toughness to others. Personally, I'd never see the need to video myself doing that. But that's just me - to each his own. I love the pain, but reducing myself to a sweaty, gasping, drooling incoherent mess of a chilehead is just something I don't really want to show off to everyone! (OK, maybe my brother…)
+1 for sure on this one. Just like everything in life everyone experiences chiles in a different way, yes we all get the explosive heat running down our tongues or throats and many experience stomach cramps but some people just aren't as effected by capsaicum the way most ppl are, I as a chef, make my living w/ my sense of smell and taste, and have for 25 yrs because of this or at least partly because of this, my taste and smell have become very acute, and let me tell you that the aromas and depth of flavor in many of the superhots Jonah,black naga, peach but, just to name a few, is something you just can't get w/ any other ingredient that I've ever come across, and believe me I've been exposed to way more ingredients(fruits,veg, spices,herbs,etc)than the average bear. In my opinion those ppl who dare themselves to eat superhots as a test of manhood are just fooling around, I love the heat and have built up quite a tolerance, but I like to burn my face off sometimes, I don't mind sweating a bit or having a tear running down my cheek, and fortunately, I've only found a few that bother my stomach( primo and butch t, e.g.)the rush of endorphins afterwards makes the little discomfort well worth it. Don't just assume that those of us who love superhots and eat them regularly do it just out of some misplaced sense of childish machismo, the little mothers taste good!

Back