seed-train EDIT: Any Interest in a Mixed Seed Train? Newbies? Established Growers?

EDIT:

I want to "pay it forward" in recognition of those who helped me. SocalChilehead, PaulG, Pepperlover, and OROZCONLECHE have been incredibly kind with gifted seeds and/or pods. I've also purchased outstanding pods from Biscgolf, Pepperlover, Coheed, Silver_Surfer, KiNGDeNNiA, Mtbrider, and JoynersHotPeppers. I've also purchased some seeds from AJIJOE and a few of our reputable dealers: Pepperlover and Refiningfirechiles.

I have mixed packs of seeds to give away. There are way too many for one person to use, but hopefully I can spread them along via a seed train. Newbies are definitely welcome. So are established growers, especially if they can contribute to the train in the form of their own mixes or individually packed varieties. I just didn't have time to sort them other than by color or by my 2013 grow list.

seeds.jpg

The seeds labelled for my 2013 include leftover seeds for just about every variety I sowed, including the HP22B. If you look at my grow list in my profile you will see all the specific varieties mixed in this bag.

Also, a while ago I purchased a lot of pods from SocalChilehead, Silver_Surfer, JoynersHotPeppers, and Mtbrider17. After cleaning the pods of seed for dehydrating, I sorted them by color (red, yellow, chocolate, and peach -- green not included) and air-dried them outdoors. For pics of the pods, see the first post in this thread: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/34862-buy-a-few-podsmake-a-few-powders/ . At least that way you all know what potential varieties might grow. I would assume all of these to be open pollenated, so a cross is not out of the possibilities.

There are those below who expressed interest and are definitely still welcome. Sorry this has taken longer than expected but the seeds are now ready to go. I'd like to see at least 10 people to get this train started. So make a list and add to it and once it hits ten I'll need the address of the first person on the list.

I'd love to be included in this train. I also began last year. I had a great season thanks to some generous folks at THP. I purchased seeds from Pepperlover and other sources. I think a newbie seed train is a great idea and I've got some great ones to share.

I'd be interested. I started here in 2012(late) I have about 15 plants with 2 bearing fruit already(I'm very excited). My seed bank is overflowing with some strains(Red Bhuts) and I have a few strains I don't plan on growing more of. Love to see what peach variates are included as I have none yet. Plus I'm done with SASBE for awhile so I have a few bubble envelopes left. Never been part of a train do we reuse the same package just adding new postage. Either way I have the required postage and a fresh envelope.

I'll jump in. Just getting going but I have some bhut seeds and some orange hab seeds I can throw in. Thanks for getting this started.

Very cool. Glad to see there is some interest. Later this week or next weekend I will post up what I have and the details of getting the "train" shipped out.

nice doc good way to help out some noobs

Thanks. Just saw you have a seed train (or plane?) started, as well. I don't mind if non-noobs get the seed I'm sending out. I just have a lot of seeds that I hate to waste. Perhaps my train could merge with yours? I don't need seeds, I just want to give away what I have without doing a bunch of SASBE's.

The original post has been edited to bring others into this train. I'd like to see at least ten people interested to get started. And bump to the top. :)

I got Slimbobs addy and have loads to share. I also have some Primos, Brainstrains, Fatalli's, Chilhuacle Negro's and reds, Bhuts, Scorpions, many more. Hop on board!!

Hey Slimbob, forgot, got some peach varieties for you. I've got a Peach Lightning that's delish!

I received my seeds from James Weaver via Seedsavers Exchange sometime ago. It's a habanero, very folded and very HOT!! AjiJoe is a good friend of Mr. Weavers and offers his seeds. He has done a lot of work with chocolate habs and has some great ones. I originally purchased tomato seeds from Mr. Weaver, was so pleased with his seeds I then ordered peppers. His Lightning mix and Chocolate Habs introduced me to the world of hotter peppers. I thank him!!!

Hey Doc,

Received your package, thanks, great offerings. I've been wanting to try a Chocolate Scorpion for some time. I'll be mailing off the train to Slimbob today. I added 20 pkg. of seeds along with some pods. I took some of Doc's offerings but there is plenty!!! left for Slimbob and Badger. It's going to be early holidays for you guys, I'd go get lottery tickets. Thanks Doc, you all have a nice weekend.

Hey Doc,

Received your package, thanks, great offerings. I've been wanting to try a Chocolate Scorpion for some time. I'll be mailing off the train to Slimbob today. I added 20 pkg. of seeds along with some pods. I took some of Doc's offerings but there is plenty!!! left for Slimbob and Badger. It's going to be early holidays for you guys, I'd go get lottery tickets. Thanks Doc, you all have a nice weekend.

No prob. Glad you got them. Hope they grow well for you. The seeds from my 2013 grow have been popping left and right. 60 out of 65 varieties popped so far!

Sounds great. I was tempted to buy some fresh pods for the first time. I have a co-worker who watched some youtube reviews with me last night. He thinks he tempted to try some. Should be good for a laugh. Good to see yours are off to a good start Doc. How much postage is required so I can have it on hand?

Slimbob, postage is a mystery. The package from Doc was .96 cents in a reg. bubble envelope. I added, used a new same size bubble envelope. Since the weight was now more, I took it into the post office to be weighed. They said that size envelope with nothing in it would start at $1.95. Doc's got to me for under a dollar. To ship mine was $1.95. Maybe your post office would ship it for 50 cents!!! I think it depends on the post office, better take it in and have them make that decision for you.

Back