• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

(EDIT: Getting Worst!!!) My plants need your help!

SomeLikeItHot said:
Try making an eggshell tea and see if that doesn't help out the new growth. Looks like calcium for sure.

Can you explain please? Just add egg shels in a bucket of water? Quantity / how long?

locopao said:
Can you explain please? Just add egg shels in a bucket of water? Quantity / how long?
Eggshells are FULL of calcium. Crunch em down as much as ya can, and throw em in water for a couple days. The calcium is extracted into the water, which is then given to the plants. Calcium deficiency is the usual cause of mishapen leaves like that.

As for how many, I don't know if there's really a scientific measurement. I just did a glass per plant (with about 1/4th of the glass filled with crushed egg shells) and it worked wonders. It won't fix the leaves that are already malformed, but new growth should be fine after that.

SomeLikeItHot said:
Eggshells are FULL of calcium. Crunch em down as much as ya can, and throw em in water for a couple days. The calcium is extracted into the water, which is then given to the plants. Calcium deficiency is the usual cause of mishapen leaves like that.

As for how many, I don't know if there's really a scientific measurement. I just did a glass per plant (with about 1/4th of the glass filled with crushed egg shells) and it worked wonders. It won't fix the leaves that are already malformed, but new growth should be fine after that.

Thanks again! I'll give it a try.

Try to stabilize them - get them out of the sun for a while (still in a bright place).

Do you think you can pull one to have a look at the root system?

Could help with diagnosis...

Good luck, Al

Al-from-Chile said:
Try to stabilize them - get them out of the sun for a while (still in a bright place).

Do you think you can pull one to have a look at the root system?

Could help with diagnosis...

Good luck, Al

thanks Al. I'll get it out of direct sun for a while. But i am afraid to pull it out and look at the roots. Is it safe to do that?

locopao said:
thanks Al. I'll get it out of direct sun for a while. But i am afraid to pull it out and look at the roots. Is it safe to do that?
Just turn the plant upside down (holding the stem between your ring- and middle finger) and lift the pot - normally it slides right off.

if it doesn't slide off - just stop - it's not worth risking an accident

Al

Al-from-Chile said:
Just turn the plant upside down (holding the stem between your ring- and middle finger) and lift the pot - normally it slides right off.

if it doesn't slide off - just stop - it's not worth risking an accident

Al

I tried that, didn't work. Plants are in big containers (50 litres) so that makes it more difficult. Thanks anyway for your help. I got them out of direct sun and gave them some calcium/magnesium

6373d1470844afe3e9d86261f2292612_XL.jpg

it says (Ca) 36%, - (Mg) 20%

Hope they will recover.

Back