• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Eight Ball Zucchini

Got these seeds on an impulse while walking by an Ace Hardware. Unfortunately, I think it's a hybrid, so no seed saving potential. But they taste great, grow fast, and you can do a lot with them. I guess they're best picked at billard ball size, but some got away from me so I started stuffing them.

IMG_3113.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

Anybody know of any similar sized/shaped heirloom varieties?

Or any good and easy stuffin' ideas they'd care to share? (guessI should check the food section later on that) I did a super quick and easy white rice and beans with cheddar yesterday cause I had a bunch of other food stuff going on. A quick pic just to get the idea, didn't have time for focus and presentation.

IMG_3203.jpg

Interesting looking shape. I really like slicing them up thin, breading them, and deep frying them.

Southwestern egg rolls Joe? And a polar bear? Not sure on how they are connected, but funny for some reason. What is a SW eggroll anyway?

And PF, yeah they aren't bad. But I gotta work on a better stuffin' next time.

boutros said:
Southwestern egg rolls Joe? And a polar bear? Not sure on how they are connected, but funny for some reason. What is a SW eggroll anyway?

And PF, yeah they aren't bad. But I gotta work on a better stuffin' next time.

Sorry, I guess you wouldn't! My last name is Bear and he's holding his belly.
These are sw eggrolls, but I make them hotter! Great with a s.w. dipping sauce!
http://www.recipezaar.com/Chilis-Southwest-Egg-Rolls-18319

Nice Fivestar, lol. Hey, how do you know what a eight ball is anyhow?

And hey Joe- on a completely unrelated note- you a Vikings fan?

boutros said:
Nice Fivestar, lol. Hey, how do you know what a eight ball is anyhow?

And hey Joe- on a completely unrelated note- you a Vikings fan?

Shhhhhhhh:shh:We don't talk much about it, but yes I'm still a fan! We haven't had alot to be cheering about. Many 500 seasons and always the dream of next year. Now we have a rival QB (Farve)maybe comming to play with us. I don't know what to think anymore!

Well, I'm gonna have to keep my eye on you then- This household is a west coast Green Bay one, lol. Was born in De Soto WI and left when I was nine, but are still fans.

Back