• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Enchilada Casserole (w/ 7 Pot Douglahs)

INGREDIENTS
-2 lbs. of lean Ground Beef (we used 90/10)
-1 large White Onion (diced)
-4 cloves of Garlic (minced)
-1 packet of Chili Seasoning
-5 Douglahs (de-seeded and diced)
-12 medium sized Corn Tortillas
-2 can of Refried Beans
-1 Tomato (diced)
-2 cans of Enchilada Sauce
-1.5-2.5 cups of shredded Mexican Cheese

DIRECTIONS
1.) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish with butter.
2.) In a large skillet, brown ground beef on Medium-High heat. Drain as needed.
3.) Reduce heat to Medium, add onions, garlic, and chili seasoning. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4.) Remove skillet from heat, add in hot peppers, and mix well.
5.) In pre-greased baking dish, lay down 6 corn tortillas to cover the bottom of the dish. Spread meat mixture over the tortillas evenly.
6.) Sprinkle a layer of cheese over the meat. Add refried beans and spread evenly.
7.) Lay out 6 more corn tortillas on top of beans, add tomatoes, smother it all in enchilada sauce, and sprinkle remaining cheese.
8.) Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes, uncovered, until the cheese and enchilada sauce bubble at the corners and edges.
9.) Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy it with rice, or just eat it by itself. Serves 6-8.

:dance:

Yeah, I normally keep them separate as well. But for this, it worked just fine having the beans included in the casserole.

Next time around though, I think we will be including some rice with everything else, to make this an all-in-one dish.

CAM00785.jpg

Hey Juan I made this same recipe for the Super Bowl, Only I used Chocolate Bhut Jolokia and lots of Cilantro on top... Was really good.

Back