• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Epsom Salt Treatment

I have never done this before. Can someone list out their preferred method. Do you wait until new flowers appear? When's the earliest you do it in a pepper plants life?
Hit me with all the knowledge!

I add it to my raised beds and I incorporate it into my container mix, too. If my plants look like they need more later in the season, I just sprinkle some on the soil before I water.
     I read on a USDA (or somebody) soil quality map of CONUS that the soil I grow in is really low in Mg. I've never tested my soil, but the plants really seem to like epsom salt.

Yikes, that link provided me with a full day's supply of Marketing Fluff.  ;)

I toss a pinch (some fraction of a teaspoon) of the dollar store's finest into each 2 gallon jug I use to water my container plants with.  Done.

Geonerd said:
Yikes, that link provided me with a full day's supply of Marketing Fluff.  ;)

I toss a pinch (some fraction of a teaspoon) of the dollar store's finest into each 2 gallon jug I use to water my container plants with.  Done.
While it is all about their product the fact remains you are following what they advise ;) 

OSUPepperGuy said:
When is the earliest I should do this? After flowers form or can it be as early as 2 set of true leaves?

I doubt if there's a real need at this point.  If you absolutely must, sprinkle a few grains (like 10 or so!) on the soil and water as usual.    

Geonerd said:

I doubt if there's a real need at this point.  If you absolutely must, sprinkle a few grains (like 10 or so!) on the soil and water as usual.    
I was thinking the same thing. Have both tall and baby plants so wasn't entirely sure.

Back