• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Exotic Chiles from around the World!!!

Right now im starting all my peppers in a greenhouse and there all up about 3 inches. A particular variety im growing grows purple and the leaves are royal purple with green spots on them. The variety is called black pearl. I'll be posting pictures throughout the growing season and beleive me these peppers look sweet! Who else is growing any exotics out there? If you're growing anything special post a pic here if you think it's cooler than my purple chilies.

Black Pearl
BlackPearl6-20-09.jpg

Black Pearl ripe pods
BlackPearlPods6-20-09.jpg

Purple Flash
PurpleFlash.jpg

Purple Flash Flower
PurpleFlash1.jpg

Not sure what you consider 'exotic', but there are many people here growing MANY different types of peppers from around the world.

Great looking plant though. I like the black chili plants.

If anyone would like some Black pearl seeds, just pm me and I'll send ya some.
Personally, I think they taste like CRAP. But, to each their own. Pretty toasty warm though.

I have a few Pearls going now, still just wee babes....

What causes the black foliage pigmentation? I ask because so far I have four babies. One popped up completely black, two had green cots but black stems, and the other was completely green...... I know they will all turn black, but why that color leave to begin with????

I have a few Pearls going now, still just wee babes....

What causes the black foliage pigmentation? I ask because so far I have four babies. One popped up completely black, two had green cots but black stems, and the other was completely green...... I know they will all turn black, but why that color leave to begin with????

Light lots and lots of light...does the trick

Thanks Inca, they will be outside as soon as they grow up a bit. My fault, I wasn't specific enough though on my Q.....

Why is the pepper plant black to begin with? Does it contAin more or less of chemical "X" or gene "Y"?

Back