• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Eyes Bigger than Space - Overwintering

Oh ok wordwiz I'm sorry I didn't realize it was for a grow chamber I thought you were talking about just keeping them alive. Yea definitely a stronger fan then to make those babies strong.

cmpman1974 said:
Well, here's what beautiful plants look like now in the greenhouse...chopped and ready to be pulled inside before next frost. :)

Chris

P1070500.jpg

Do you need to cover the cut ends with wax or something? Man I don't want to do that to my babies. But.....

Thanks.

I sealed the cuts with white elmers glue today. I heard it works well (and cheap). If they die, they die. I don't expect many to make it over thw winter, but you never know.

Chris

patrick said:
Do you need to cover the cut ends with wax or something? Man I don't want to do that to my babies. But.....

Thanks.

cmpman1974 said:
I sealed the cuts with white elmers glue today. I heard it works well (and cheap). If they die, they die. I don't expect many to make it over thw winter, but you never know.

Chris
Yea exactly Chris. That is how I looked at it when i did mine.

wow i didnt think you could chop them back like that; i assume they would need some leaves to me left on them; maybe next year wintering wont be som horrible; keep one or two and make them produce over the winter (grow lights and a small paint brush) hack the rest back and stuff them on shelves water and light on a regular basis...maybe ill give this a whirl instead of trying to find place for all my big plants all the time...

Last year I cut one of my plants back that I had in the garden really close. Then I waited for about ten days before I dugg it up. I placed it in a pot and brought it in the house next to the East window and watered him/her once about every tens days or when the soil was dry. And it made it all thru the winter with new growth and then I made a mistake by putting it out side before it was warm enough and lost it to the wind and the cold. But this year I have a cellar (or scarey hole as some people calls them) which stays warm all winter and I going to place some in there for it doesn't get wet and has good air cir and see what happens. I have my Cummaria Ou Passarhino that I want to keep the winter and a few others But yes it can be done.

Sid03SVT said:
wow i didnt think you could chop them back like that; i assume they would need some leaves to me left on them; maybe

Like this.....pea chile pruned....

crop3834.jpg

Pea chile less than 15 days later......

IMG_4201.jpg

Back