• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

F&%$$@* Ebay...

I'm confused. Why would anybody buy Bhut Jolokia seeds from anyplace other than the original source of the one that owns the current world record?

Nothing wrong with Ebay--it's the A-hole scammers that suck.

Sorry about your luck DarkTrak

I saw the worm and went for a bite PRF. They say a sucker is born every minute. My favorite line from the movie Rounders with Matt Damon..."If you can't spot the sucker at the table in the first 30 minutes, then you are the sucker." :)

Chris

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Hook, line, and sinker! that is so funny that a guy with 30 posts selling pods off e-bay got you like that. Just couldn't resist roflol.

cmpman1974 said:
Patrick, because Dr. Bosland decided he would put a ridiculous minimum order size requirement which offended many buyers.

Not sure what you are saying....one package of seeds from Chili Pepper Institute is $6, no minimum as far as I know. I'm growing them now and the pods are true...

Chris,Did you ever find that rare licorice flavored,heart shaped podded Chinsese C.Chinense?
Chinese Licorice? :)
Didn't even have to go on E Bay for that gem. LOL

jjs7741 said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I read MrArboc's statement as an insult to the company that sold you the seeds, not to you.

Exactly. And I am 100% sure that I don't want to re-phrase that statement.

i bought some from ebay, they seems to grow true. While i bought 30 diff vars from a popular and famous vendor here (expensive) one, and 3 so far have been crosses and 2 seed packs wasent even viable . So shit can happen and am not to happy. But all i can do is not to order there agin.

I think Bonnie plants confused them with their "World's Hottest" pepper. Clearly they took the seeds from that and since Bonnie doesn't name the plant anything but "World's Hottest" they just assumed it was a Bhut Jolokia LOL

I've purchased only one pepper variety on eBay and it grew true (Black Pearl I grew last year), and that was only because none of the regular online retailers I visit had that seed for sale. Bottom line, if you buy anything on eBay check the seller's history first.

You know the funny thing is that when I was looking for seeds this spring it never even occured to me to look on ebay. I just went to the online seed companies and read a bit. Kind of glad I did. I've had an overall great germination rate...even if I did kill of a few with ignorance :tear:

Oh well lesson learned. After reading a multitude of posts here at the THP I definately feel more informed and now have a much better idea of which companies to steer clear of as well as which companies are to be trusted.

cmpman1974 said:
Patrick, because Dr. Bosland decided he would put a ridiculous minimum order size requirement which offended many buyers.

I just ordered from them Chris and I spent $16.00 on three packs of seeds. Didn't see anything that had to do with a minimum order. Perhaps it's just for overseas buyers? They also didn't charge me for shipping.

Chile Pepper Institute Online Store

Please keep in mind when browsing the online shopcart for the Chile Pepper Institute that all shipping and handling charges are now included in the price of the item, there will not be any additional shipping charges during check-out.

Please call for ALL international orders. International orders cannot be placed through the shopping cart.

*MINIMUM ORDER REQUIREMENTS*

A MINIMUM ORDER OF $20.00 IS REQUIRED FOR MIXED MERCHANDISE ORDERS, $15.00 FOR ORDERS WITH SEED ONLY, AND WHEN ORDERING THE HOLY JOLOKIA SALSA YOU MUST ORDER A MINIMUM OF $35.00 BEFORE A PURCHASE CAN BE MADE.

patrick said:
I just ordered from them Chris and I spent $16.00 on three packs of seeds. Didn't see anything that had to do with a minimum order. Perhaps it's just for overseas buyers? They also didn't charge me for shipping.

"*MINIMUM ORDER REQUIREMENTS*

A MINIMUM ORDER OF $20.00 IS REQUIRED FOR MIXED MERCHANDISE ORDERS, $15.00 FOR ORDERS WITH SEED ONLY, AND WHEN ORDERING THE HOLY JOLOKIA SALSA YOU MUST ORDER A MINIMUM OF $35.00 BEFORE A PURCHASE CAN BE MADE."

Thanks SS. I don't know how I missed all of that. I can understand them doing it but that sure as hell don't mean I agree with it.

MrArboc said:
Exactly. And I am 100% sure that I don't want to re-phrase that statement.

GAWD ur awesome!! Will you have my babies?? Seriously though, your not all THAT bad, I honestly think I feel so negatively towards you more due to your avatar than your overall personality. I just hate Mr. Bean with such a deep seeded hatred.....well, it rivals my hatred of celery and caraway seeds...and I REALLY hate celery and caraway seeds! Anywho...grow on Mr.A, grow on. And may all you pepper plants be full and spicy.....:)

DarkTrak said:
GAWD ur awesome!! Will you have my babies?? Seriously though, your not all THAT bad, I honestly think I feel so negatively towards you more due to your avatar than your overall personality. I just hate Mr. Bean with such a deep seeded hatred.....well, it rivals my hatred of celery and caraway seeds...and I REALLY hate celery and caraway seeds! Anywho...grow on Mr.A, grow on. And may all you pepper plants be full and spicy.....:)

Mr Arboc likes to pick on anyone who has less than 450 post,anyone he thinks is an ebay seller or if you dont like Mr bean!
I liked Mr Bean in the 90s But i much prefered Benny Hill's comics over Mr Bean. Dont take it personal Dark Trak.

Back