• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

F***! This is NOT my year!

I just replaced a tire two weeks ago for $35, a week before that I spent $135 on a new temp gadge and heater hose, last week I dropped $337 on replacing the suspension for my Benz.

Now the thing stalls out on Hollywood blvd. I go to open the hood and the pully breaks. I get it towed to the fixit place. They spend alot of time trying to open the g-damned hood. Then they say they can't narrow down the problem yet but think it's a fuel regulator which costs around $400+ for the part alone.

On top of that, I have to replace the passenger rear light before the 25th because I have a fix it ticket that's already been extended once. But in order to get it replace I actually have to be able to drive it the Vally to get it done for super cheap and then drive it to the sharrif's to have them confirm it's been replaced. The part is on it's way to me as I type so I should have it by Friday.

I only have $500 to my name and rent's due ($200). This is a horrible year for me. Just one frickin thing after another!

do you trust the place that you had look at it? or was it just the nearest place? you might want to get a second opinion..though i guess that would involve towing it more. that sucks man! cars can be a hassle for sure.

you should look into getting a good manual for your car..something like replacing a bulb in the tail light is something you could do at home and wouldn't require obscure tools..or at least it shouldn't. as for what's going on under the hood...that's a whole different story. :P

well that's cool then..sometimes it's hard to find a trustworthy shop. especially in big cities. well, good luck, and i hope the worst is behind you. :hell:

So Jonathan you pay 200.00 for rent in Hollywood? What the hell are you renting, a closet...LOL?

Maybe a Mercedes Benz isn't the car for you.
Hope things turn around for you man.

parker394 said:
So Jonathan you pay 200.00 for rent in Hollywood? What the hell are you renting, a closet...LOL?

Maybe a Mercedes Benz isn't the car for you.
Hope things turn around for you man.

Nope, I pay $400 a month, but I pay in two week chunks, hence the $200 :onfire:

what is the deal with money this month??? i just got a bill from my car insurance (and no this is not one of those stupid azz geico comercials) my son got his licence and my car insurance went up 200 a month. lady said it will stay that way for 3 years. if i have not paid for my trip to texas i would not go...but non refundable tickets. it looks like next year im going to have to cut the one thing i love the most out and do like half of the chili cook offs that i do a year.
guitar if i hit any lottery numbers in the next cpl of weeks ill hook ya up brother... i can feel your i got no mone pain.

Chris Kewley said:
What year and model is it??
& are you mechanically inclined??

It's a Mercedes SLR McLaren, that's why he can only afford 400 for rent. :P :onfire:

Now Jon, for 400.00 I'd love to see what you are living in? I know rooms go for 500+ 20 miles outside of Hollywood. I was checking craigslist and found something close to you. This was a dump. I saw pics.

$1,000 month. Large room for rent in GORGEOUS 2 bedroom/ 2 ½ bath townhouse—Available furnished (or unfurnished) December 1st or Jan. 1st.

Great location close to the 101, 134, 5, 170, the Studios, Studio City, Hollywood, and Burbank.

- BEAUTIFUL 1,200 sq ft. 2-story townhouse
- Walk-up entry; 9 unit newly remodeled, quiet building
- Large private bedroom, full bath, balcony, walk-in closet and floor-to-
ceiling sliding glass doors
- Lots of light. Very spacious. Hardwood floors in living room.
- Huge kitchen with stove, microwave, dishwasher, lots of cabinet space,
pantry, stocked with cookware to share
- Fully furnished apartment w/ new modern furniture and space for storage
- Gated subterranean tandum parking; also ample street parking
- Water, central heat & air, wireless internet, TV w/basic cable, trash,
recycling, gardener and monthly maid service included
- Washer/Dryer in unit.

Looking for professional, or college/grad student. Fun, personable, busy, clean and kind. Non-smoker. Must be ok with lovable 7lb Chihuahua. :) Will consider additional dog.

$1,000.00 deposit. Good credit required.

Serious inquiries only please. Month-to-month lease.

Sounds like at 400$ you have it SWEET my friend!!

Yes, at $400 I have a VERY sweet deal. I am truely bless with a great landlady and place.

It looks like the benz fix will cost $500 (if they've got the right fix). In the meen time, I just baught from a friend a 1993 Buick Skylark on Monday for $100. It just overheated on the road about 3 hours ago and the pressure busted the cooling fluid resevour. I've only paid him $20 so far and will give him the keys back at work tomarrow. I won't be asking for the $20 back but from what I gathered, he doesn't really care about the car...man....what a year.

bentalphanerd said:
Maybe it's time to make peace with the cows dude:shocked:
That's just what they want! But the movement needs me too much. I can't give up my fight, my cause is getting more press. It will soon be learned that the coming cowtastrify is something very real!

getfuzzy2733320071008.gif

POTAWIE said:
I know how you feel IGG. I just spent an unexpected $2000 on my truck. The damn lemon is sucking me dry.:lol:

yeah I recently had an unexpected plumbers bill of $2400 thanks to backed up sewer pipes - it was worth every cent to get someone else to do it but it wasn't something I had budgetted for.

======

eat more cows!

Back