• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense F3 Trinidad Viper xPurple Bhut cross

For my 2015 season I only started 5 types of peppers  Reapers and 7 pot Burgandy from PB, Piri Piri Laudium and CP-119 Trinidad Viper x Purple Bhut (F3) from CP thru PB and a poblano from some online seed place.

The only ones that actually lived and made pods were the Piri Piri and very late ( as in still growing the one pod) the poblano.
I got reapers from my OW plants from 2014.

Early this fall the remaining plants( the 7 pot never made it past seedlings) took off and I will OW them to get a start on 2016 season.

I know what the reapers are like, I love my piri piri, and I know the poblano, but did anyone else grow the  CP-119 this last season?

I understand it is an unstable cross at the stage of seeds I got, and that there can be variations in the plants and pods. Still would like to know if anyone grew them and what they got if they did. I see PB is offering F4 seeds this year.

Cheri

I grew it from F1 seeds that Chris Phillips and Brandon aka BigCedar sent me a few years ago . Wasn't impressed with the flavor but it was a purdy plant 

IMG_5480_zpscb88ce3a.jpg

IMG_5477_zps945fbeb3.jpg

IMG_5473_zpsb6893a06.jpg

Pods ripened to red . 

That is a really nice looking plant.

Mine are more green, with just a hint of dark in it, but they did have groth issues. One is leggy and I had to top it out heavy in hopes it will thicken out. The other never grew in height, but is rather full and bushy. I do have a clone I am hopeful it will root and give me a nice plant. ( never done a clone before so this is not a given lol)

romy6 said:
 I grew it from F1 seeds that Chris Phillips and Brandon aka BigCedar sent me a few years ago . Wasn't impressed with the flavor but it was a purdy plant 

IMG_5480_zpscb88ce3a.jpg

IMG_5477_zps945fbeb3.jpg

IMG_5473_zpsb6893a06.jpg

Pods ripened to red . 

That,s a nice looking pepper and plant. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  

Back