• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fabric Pots

I have read alot of the reviews on amazon especialy with the 247 brand that there 7 gal pots are really 5 gal and mold quickly?? Also on their website just to ship 100 its $64 lol plus the price and tax of each pot.I really have been trying to find a cost effective solution. By the time I spend the money on fabric,thread and a mini sewing machine to make my own it would be over $100 too plus time. I do have alot of free 3,4,and some 5 gal buckets from sams club but might only use those for doubles

The Walmart bags work pretty well. I had the same plants in buckets and the ones in the Wally bags were better performers. At 50cents each its a non issue if they only last 1 season. They fit in the white plastic dish tubs from Dollar Tree just fine. 5-6 of them fit in a cheap 45" plastic kiddie pool. Those cost around $9 at Walmart

8-qt. 13½x11x4½" White Plastic Dish Pans.
https://www.dollartree.com/Plastic-Dish-Pans-8-qt-/p331108/index.pro

This guy went a bit fancier with the rock and water line.
pool-grow-bag6.jpg

I saw a guy put the little net hydro pots in the bottom of Walmart bags, then built a little trough(idk if that's how you spell it) that the net pots from all his plants sat down into and self watered themselves. If I remember correctly the plants were doing good in them.

I thought about putting in posts and running that landscape fabric up the insides of the post to make raised beds. Still undecided as to what to do at plant out

Back